Change your fortune through the
Festival of Learning
We’re holding two special, fun-focused information days in the heart of Leeds to raise awareness and highlight the many benefits of adult learning.
The interactive events will take place at White Rose Shopping Centre on Tuesday 31 May and at Trinity Leeds on Wednesday 1 June. The star of the show on both occasions will be Zoltar, an eye-catching, mechanised fortune teller who shoppers can approach to receive cards featuring fun facts about lifelong education.
Everyone who approaches Zoltar will also be presented with a Festival of Learning branded tote bag filled with leaflets containing information about adult learning provision across our region.
Opening up a world of opportunities
Zoltar’s messages will shine a light on the many benefits lifelong learning can bring. Those include:
- The chance, through upskilling and reskilling, to secure better qualified or higher paid jobs
- Enriching the lives of learners by giving them more options and a greater ability to respond to the unexpected
- A boost to wellbeing and self-esteem through meeting new people and rising to challenges
Arrangements to fit all lifestyles
Shoppers will also find out about the wide range of support that is available for adult learners, including:
- Flexible study arrangements and timetables to fit in with childcare, work and other commitments
- A range of financial support
- Support with language and English speaking skills
- A safe learning environment