Apprenticeships for your business
Hiring an apprentice can help your business to develop talent, improve productivity and future-proof your company’s workforce. It is also a great opportunity for you to reduce recruitment costs and have access to high-quality training and support.
Apprenticeships can be used to bridge the skills gap in your organisation. By recruiting and training apprentices, you can develop people in a way that promotes the specific skills required by your business and industry. Apprenticeships are particularly cost-effective as a form of training, because young people are making a contribution to the workplace while they are learning.
It is also a way of upskilling your staff and supporting their professional development, or teaching them skills that are of a higher level.
Why hire an apprentice?
- 86% of employers said apprenticeships developed skills relevant to their organisation and 78% reported improved productivity.
- 90% of apprentices stay on in their place of work after completing an apprenticeship.
- There’s a wide selection of apprenticeships available covering lots of different job roles.
- You can adapt the training that your apprentice receives according to the needs of your organisation.
- An apprenticeship allows you to diversify and freshen up your workforce.
- You can employ an apprentice who’s aged 16 up to any age and from any background.