Level 3 Fitness Instructing and Personal Training
Learners that successfully complete this industry recognised qualification are able to gain access to the CIMSPA Exercise and Fitness Directory at level 3 and work in personal training. We offer a day and evening course option.
This course combines both theory and practical based work. You will have access to the college’s ECO-POWR gym environment to learn and develop the necessary skills, knowledge and behaviours to be able to work professionally in the health and fitness sector.
Units / Modules
- Anatomy and physiology for exercise -MCQ exam.
- Health, safety and welfare in a fitness environment- Written Tasks.
- Principles of exercise, fitness and health -MCQ exam.
- Know how to support clients who take part in exercise and physical activity -Written Tasks.
- Planning gym-based exercise -Written Tasks.
- Instructing gym-based exercise- Observation of Delivery.
- Anatomy and physiology for exercise and health -MCQ Exam,
- Applying the principles of nutrition to a physical activity programme -Written Tasks
- Programming personal training with clients -Written Tasks
- Delivering personal training sessions- Observation of Delivery
Career ProgressionL3 Exercise Referral, L3 Massage or into industy.
Supporting Learning in Physical Education and School Sport 1st4Sport Diploma Level 3
Become a sports coach, teacher, leader, development officer, or teaching assistant. You’ll gain real experience of child and young person developmen...More info
Fitness Instructing and Personal Training 1st4Sport Level 3 Diploma
Take your training knowledge to the next level with our Fitness Instructing and Personal Training programme. You will develop your knowledge of fitnes...More info
Level 3 Exercise Referral
This qualification is designed to provide learners with the knowledge to ensure safe and effective exercise programming for patients with a number o...More info
18 weeks, day and evening course options
Course Fee (16-18)
Course Fee (Adult)
By 2024, the sports coaching, sports instructing, and sports officials sector in Leeds is predicted to grow by 3.1%. (EMSI, 2019)