Level 3 Fitness Instructing and Personal Training
Learners that successfully complete this industry recognised qualification are able to gain access to the CIMSPA Exercise and Fitness Directory at level 3 and work in personal training. We offer a day and evening course option.
This course combines both theory and practical based work. You will have access to the college’s ECO-POWR gym environment to learn and develop the necessary skills, knowledge and behaviours to be able to work professionally in the health and fitness sector.
Units / Modules
- Anatomy and physiology for exercise -MCQ exam.
- Health, safety and welfare in a fitness environment- Written Tasks.
- Principles of exercise, fitness and health -MCQ exam.
- Know how to support clients who take part in exercise and physical activity -Written Tasks.
- Planning gym-based exercise -Written Tasks.
- Instructing gym-based exercise- Observation of Delivery.
- Anatomy and physiology for exercise and health -MCQ Exam,
- Applying the principles of nutrition to a physical activity programme -Written Tasks
- Programming personal training with clients -Written Tasks
- Delivering personal training sessions- Observation of Delivery
Career ProgressionL3 Exercise Referral, L3 Massage or into industy.
1st4sport Level 3 Certificate in Delivering Physical Activity and Sport within the School Environment
Become a sports coach, teacher, leader, development officer, or teaching assistant. You’ll gain real experience of child and young person developmen...More info
Fitness Instructing and Personal Training 1st4Sport Level 3 Diploma
Take your training knowledge to the next level with our Fitness Instructing and Personal Training programme. You will develop your knowledge of fitnes...More info
Level 3 Exercise Referral
This qualification is designed to provide learners with the knowledge to ensure safe and effective exercise programming for patients with a number o...More info
18 weeks, day and evening course options
Course Fee (16-18)
Course Fee (Adult)
£2,225 You may be entitled to support with fees. Click here for more info.
By 2024, the sports coaching, sports instructing, and sports officials sector in Leeds is predicted to grow by 3.1%. (EMSI, 2019)