NEBOSH Environmental Management Certificate
This qualification helps you understand how to manage environmental issues and this knowledge can be applied in workplaces anywhere in the world.
The NEBOSH Environmental Management Certificate’s new syllabus (launched
2021) is a highly valued and globally recognised qualification in environmental
Developed by NEBOSH, the Environmental Management Certificate supplies
content which is practical, while providing a rigorous course that equips
candidates to effectively deal with environmental management daily.
According to NEBOSH, around two-thirds of health and safety practitioners now
deal with environmental management as part of their overall day-to-day
responsibilities at work. As such, the knowledge gained from the NEBOSH
Certificate in Environmental Management is vital for organisations wishing to
avoid prosecution, litigation and loss of reputation while upskilling their
Who is this course for?
The NEBOSH Environmental Management Certificate is an ideal choice for anyone who has or would like to have environmental management responsibilities at work.
The relevant environmental qualification will help you to:
* justify environmental management in the workplace
*recognise which workplace activities may be subject to environmental legislation or enforcement
*assess environmental aspects and impacts, and evaluate existing controls
* support environmental emergency planning understand the importance of reducing environmental harm
* outline the issues associated with waste and its management
* explain the pros and cons of various energy sources and how to use them more efficiently.
Units / Modules
The qualification is broken down into two units, which are assessed in the following ways:
Unit EMC1: Environmental management
Examination (to be downloaded, completed, and submitted in 24 hours)
Learners will be required to review a real-life scenario and answer theoretical and practical questions on environmental management.
Unit EMC2: Assessing environmental aspects and associated impacts
Practical Assessment: Learners will be required to assess environmental aspects and impacts in their chosen workplace.
Benefits / Skills
On completion of the qualification, you will be able to:
* understand a range of environmental issues so that you can improve environmental performance and reduce harm work within an environmental management system and contribute to continual improvement
* recognise environmental aspects and associated impacts, and evaluate the effectiveness of existing controls support decision-making with ethical, legal and financial arguments
* understand the links between your organisation’s activities and wider environmental issues.
* Justify environmental management in the workplace using ethical, legal and financial arguments, linking these to wider environmental issues including sustainable development
* Recognise workplace activities which may be subject to environmental legislation or enforcement
* Understand the requirements of, and work within, an environmental management system, whilst contributing to continual improvement
* Assess environmental aspects and associated impacts, determining significant aspects and evaluating current controls
* Support environmental emergency planning
* Understand the importance of reducing environmental harm; identify sources of noise, air, and water pollution; and suggest suitable control measures
* Understand the benefits and limitations of a range of energy sources, and suggest suitable measures to increase energy efficiency
The NEBOSH Environmental Management Certificate is assessed in two parts:
In Unit EMC1, candidates are assessed by an online written examination that they have 24 hours to submit. Within it, candidates must demonstrate their knowledge gained through the course.
Unit EMC2 features a practical assessment, which is carried out at the candidate’s workplace. The practical assessment must be submitted within 10 WORKING days of the exam date booking.
A unit certificate is issued denoting the achievement of each unit.
After that, a certificate award parchment is issued upon the completion of both units.
There are no entry requirements for this qualification.
It is important that learners have a suitable standard of English language in order to understand and articulate the concepts contained in the syllabus. NEBOSH recommends that learners undertaking this qualification should reach a minimum standard of English equivalent to an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 6.0 or higher in IELTS tests.
Read more about language requirements for NEBOSH qualifications by visiting: https://www.nebosh.org.uk/guidance/guidance-for-learning-with-nebosh/language-requirements-for-nebosh-qualifications/
For learners wishing to continue their professional development NEBOSH offers a wide range of internationally recognised qualifications.
Our range of Award and Certificate level qualifications offer the opportunity to learn specific industry applications – such as fire safety, process safety, construction safety and leadership – hone specific skills such as incident investigation; or take a more general approach via the NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety.
For those wishing to study at a higher level, the NEBOSH Diplomas or Masters qualification offer the opportunity to gain one of the sector’s most prestigious qualifications.
02/02/2024, 03/05/2024, 02/08/2024
Benefits for Employers
* Strengthen your brand by demonstrating your commitment to environmental management and environmentally friendly practices
* Improve environmental practices and management across your organisation
Benefits for Learners
* Develop Environmental Management skills applicable to a variety of industries
* Contribute to your organisation’s decisions regarding the environment and how their practices may impact it