Traineeships eligibility criteria
Traineeships are for young people, aged between 16 and 24, who are currently unemployed but focussed on securing work. Traineeships are suitable for people who are willing to undertake an unpaid work placement and attend college for a period of 13 weeks.
They are designed for motivated young people, who are qualified below level 3 and who want the opportunity to gain some valuable work experience. Traineeships aim to develop young people’s skills to enable them to progress to an apprenticeship or employment within 6 months of completing the Traineeship.
Below is the eligibility criteria taken from the Department for Education(DfE) Traineeship Framework.
- Be aged between 16-24 on the start date of the traineeship programme. Candidates with EHCPs up to 25 years old.
- Not have any previous qualifications at level 3 or above.
- Not currently in employment, and have little or no work experience.
- Have not previously enrolled on to a traineeship or apprenticeship.
- Have a reasonable chance of being ready for employment or an apprenticeship within six months of completing the traineeship.