Leeds City College’s Sports Academies
Football | Rugby League | Basketball | Boxing
To register your interest click here
Do you want the chance to play in the FA youth cup, Rugby Super League, pro basketball or box at the highest level?
Reach the top of your game at the Leeds City College’s Sports Academy. Train in top facilities, experience highly qualified coaching and discover your route to the pro leagues, sports scholarships abroad or progression to higher education.
- In your favourite sport including men’s football, men’s rugby league, women’s rugby league and men’s basketball.
- At professional facilities such as Leeds Rhinos’ Kirkstall Training Ground and West Riding County FA.
- Alongside industry-experienced coaches.
- And build your portfolio as matches are filmed.
- A range of practical or academic qualifications from School of Applied Science, School of Business, School of Sport Science & Exercise or Leeds Sixth Form College.
- A programme with multiple exit routes.
- In a supportive environment where you’re treated as an adult.
- And explore super-curricular sport activities at our sports academies.
Testimonials and success stories
“I got my Level 2 qualification and progressed to delivering sessions on my own. I helped at tournaments, supported community clubs, refereed and more…I’m a forward for Leeds Rhinos, I’ve been playing for them for two years…” Shannon Lacey
Click here to read Shannon’s story.
“I decided to study sport as it’s always been a big part of my life and something I aim to continue, doing sports at college is allowing me to achieve that. I originally trialled for the under 19s Academy at Leeds Rhinos and got into the squad…I was soon promoted to the women’s squad. It’s absolutely amazing to be playing at such a high level.” – Caitlin Beevers
Click here to read Caitlin’s story.
“The Basketball Academy gives students the opportunity to enjoy a structured training regime and weekly fixtures alongside their studies. Some of the players from the team are now volunteering as coaches…” Loran Lewis
Click here to read about our regional league win.