Take your first steps into work or further study with The Prince’s Trust Team Programme, an invaluable short course for young adults (16-24) looking...
The Flexible Start courses are located at Somerville House, a small campus with on-site vocational facilities. If you are interested in one of the bel...
About the School
Somerville House has its own suite of vocational workshops including a sports area, an art room and a life skills kitchen. Students have access to a quiet space for prayer and reflection and a breakout space when they need time out from their studies.
The Supported Engagement Programmes at Somerville House offer 4 distinct routes for students aged 16-24 to re-engage with education or to prepare them for employment in addition to the Princes Trust TEAM Programme.
Students on these programmes will benefit from:
- A small campus environment
- Staff who are experienced in supporting students with SEMH needs
- Internal work experience placements
- A supported transition into further study or work.
Who are these courses for?
Students on these courses may have:
- Missed part of their schooling due to ill health or challenging personal circumstances
- Have an EHCP and/or SEMH (Social, Emotional and Mental Health) needs
- Not achieved the grades they needed at school in order to progress
- Not decided what they would like to do in the future
- Anxiety or concerns about starting a FE course and would benefit from a small campus and staffing team
If you would like to find out more about any of the courses on offer as part of the Supported Engagement Programmes please contact:
Or call us on: 0113 235 4777