About the School
What we offer at Somerville House – A Guide
Somerville House is a post-16 centre offering a range of courses and pathways as part of Leeds City College. Somerville House is a Mindmate awarded centre which provides support for students with a wide range of additional needs. We are a stepping stone for students so they can move on to a mainstream college course or get a job/apprenticeship after their course with us. We cater for students aged 16-24.
Who can come to Somerville House?
- We cater for students aged 16-24
- Students with Social Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) needs
- Those that have an Education, Health Care Plan (EHCP)
- Students who have missed school for a prolonged period of time due to challenging personal circumstances or illness
- Students who are not in Education, Employment or Training (NEET)
- Students who would benefit from a smaller college campus and extra support before transitioning onto a mainstream course at our college or another provision
Where to find us
Somerville House is located just around the corner from Leeds City College’s Printworks campus. We are off Hunslet Road down Leathley Road just a little further down from COSTCO.
We are a 20 minute walk from Leeds Train Station and have excellent bus access due to being close to major bus routes.
If you would like to find out more about any of the courses on offer as part of the Supported Engagement Programmes please contact:
Or call us on: 0113 235 4777