Take your first steps into work or further study with The Prince’s Trust Team Programme, an invaluable short course for young adults (16-24) looking...
Designed for students with an Education, Health and Care Plan (ECHP), the Skills for Work and Life course enables learners to work towards personal go...
About the School
Somerville House has its own suite of vocational workshops including a sports area, an art room and a life skills kitchen. Students have access to a quiet space for prayer and reflection and a breakout space when they need time out from their studies.
The Supported Engagement Programmes at Somerville House offer 4 distinct routes for students aged 16-24 to re-engage with education or to prepare them for employment in addition to the Princes Trust TEAM Programme.
Students on these programmes will benefit from:
- A small campus environment
- Staff who are experienced in supporting students with SEMH needs
- Internal work experience placements
- A supported transition into further study or work.
Who are these courses for?
Students on these courses may have:
- Missed part of their schooling due to ill health or challenging personal circumstances
- Have an EHCP and/or SEMH (Social, Emotional and Mental Health) needs
- Not achieved the grades they needed at school in order to progress
- Not decided what they would like to do in the future
- Anxiety or concerns about starting a FE course and would benefit from a small campus and staffing team
If you would like to find out more about any of the courses on offer as part of the Supported Engagement Programmes please contact:
Or call us on: 0113 235 4777