New Covid-19 restrictions in Leeds and reporting your symptoms and test results
Leeds entered a local lockdown on Friday 25 September due to a significant rise in infection rates. New restrictions are now in place for the city.
Please note, these rules do not impact you coming into college and you can continue working as normal on our secure sites.
The new rules are as follows:
- Do not host people you do not live with in your home or garden, unless they’re in your support bubble
- Do not meet people you do not live with in their home or garden, whether inside or outside the affected areas, unless they’re in your support bubble
- It is advised not to socialise with people you don’t live with, unless they are in your support bubble, in any public venue in Leeds or elsewhere
- If you are travelling to college using public transport, make sure to follow the relevant transport guidance and wear a face covering
- The police will take action against those breaking the rules, including asking people to disperse and issuing fines
In order to prevent the spread of COVID-19, it is essential that any updates are recorded immediately in order for us to take decisive action and notify the Department for Education, Public Health England and the local authority.
As student and staff safety is our first priority, we would like to highlight the importance of reporting any symptoms and positive test results of COVID-19 to your tutor. The main symptoms include a high temperature, a new continuous cough and a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste.
Not reporting a case can result in severe outcomes; although you may only develop mild symptoms, other people may be seriously affected. Receiving a positive test result is nothing to be ashamed of, we want to ensure you’re getting the rest and support you need to recover, whilst also protecting others.
We have implemented effective processes allowing us to respond quickly and responsibly to any cases that we become aware of. If you receive a positive test result, please let your tutor know straight away and do not come to college. If you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, let your tutor know and do not come into college unless you have received a negative test result.
When cases emerge at college, we close the affected bubble of students for 14 days, move to remote learning and schedule a deep clean.
We have put many safety measures in place at college. We provide face coverings, hand sanitiser, cleaning equipment and any personal protective equipment that you require. Each area of the building is split into zones, which will be allocated to student bubbles. Our canteen will be open for you to buy food, but you may be encouraged to take it back to your classroom to eat it if Covid-safe seating is not available.
Unless you have been contacted by a member of the college, there is no need for you to be unduly concerned at this time and you should continue to come into college.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com or call 0113 386 1997.