Hospitality Team Member Apprentice – HARWOOD PROVISIONS COMPANY LIMITED (LS17 9LF)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Producing coffees other hot drinks from Espresso machines
- Taking orders, handling payments
- Serving drinks and food to customers
- Clearing and cleaning tables
- Serving as range of both soft beverages and Alcoholic
- Assisting Washing up where needed
- Providing exceptional customer service
- Adhering to standards of service set out by the front of house team
About the Employer
We are recruiting a Hospitality team member apprentice to support the recent growth of our business. You will be joining the business at an exciting time having recently been nominated for another award in the food industry. This is an exciting opportunity for an Apprentice to gain many new skills alongside study/college, and to progress a career in catering, hospitality, or an associated area. To serve both food and drink across a number of different venues within the company to include a village cafe, tourist café, High end afternoon teas served within Harewood House and a wide variety of events both on the estate and in external venues.
Things to Consider
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Training to be Delivered
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
By the employer, whilst working alongside your colleagues and college one day per week. Hospitality Team Member Level 2 Intermediate.
Length of Programme 15 months (inclusive of 3 months end point assessment) Mode of delivery: day release at the Printworks campus.
All hospitality team members must have the following introductory knowledge:
- Understand what hospitality means the culture of the industry and why delivering a customer experience to meet and exceed customer’s expectations is so important to hospitality businesses
- Appreciate the importance of hospitality behaviours such as personal conduct, being adaptable, using initiative and communicating with a diverse range of people
- Know the range of businesses and establishments that make up the hospitality industry, their differences and similarities and the variety of job roles and progression opportunities that are available
All hospitality team members must have the following core hospitality knowledge, skills, and behaviours:
First line supervision / Team leading
They must then select from one of the following specialist functions:
- Food and beverage service
- Serving alcoholic beverages
HARWOOD PROVISIONS COMPANY LIMITED
Harewood Estate Office
4 days weekly, including daytime and evening shifts. Can be confirmed with employer at interview.
What You Need
Other Maths (Grade Level 1) Essential
Strong communication skills
The possibility of securing a permanent position. We pride ourselves in supporting our staff to achieve promotion within the business