Hospitality Assistant Apprentice – WOODHOUSE GROVE SCHOOL (BD10 0NR)
- Ensure the smooth running of the events, from start to finish, including the set up and serving of refreshments and other requested catering services to the customer.
- Maintain stock of consumables so as to be satisfied there are no incidents of being unable to offer a particular item.
- Establish good working relationships with colleagues on-site in order to be recognised as the natural ‘go to’ person.
- Maintain high levels of cleanliness and tidiness in the designated events areas, to allow a ready of business approach.
- Complete daily checks in the designated areas, reporting any faults/issues.
- Maintain a professional image at all times.
- Ensure Hospitality requests are met in a timely manner.
- Deal with Hospitality deliveries to site and collections where appropriate.
- Set up and move equipment for Events on site, with assistance from School Caretakers,
- Provide cover in our 6th Form retail café when required.
- Provide a flexible approach to Events on site as per the requirements of the Client.
About the Employer
We believe that every child is an individual with their own unique personality, talents and skills; and it’s this individuality that we encourage to grow at all stages of their education. A child’s potential could lie anywhere – so we ensure that every pupil is exposed to a huge array of opportunities and experiences. We then pride ourselves on identifying and honing their strengths to make the most of their natural abilities, while working hard to develop areas that need improvement. This approach sees each and every Grovian grow into the very best version of themselves they can be.
Things to Consider
Is the location commutable?
Shifts will be varied and require a degree of flexibility in terms of days and times but will be agreed in advance, holiday working/late finishes possible.
The role is subject to an enhanced DBS (the cost of which is covered by the school) and two satisfactory references.
Training to be Delivered
The Level 2 Apprenticeship is delivered in partnership with the workplace you will be expected to attend college 1 day a week, where you will gain knowledge and understanding of the working within the Catering & Hospitality sector.
You will develop skills on the job where you will be supported by a workplace mentor.
An Assessor from Leeds City College will visit you on a regular basis to support your learning journey.
The Apprenticeship framework comprises of:
- Hospitality Team Member apprentice level 2
End point assessment:
- Multiple choice exam
- Professional discussion
Intermediate Level 2 (GCSE)
Woodhouse Grove School
Woodhouse Grove School
5 days out of 7 (shifts to be discussed at interview) 1 hour unpaid lunch break
What You Need
- Team working
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade Grade 9-4 / A*-C or equivalent) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Grade 9-4 / A*-C or equivalent) Essential
- Communication skills
- Organisation skills
- Customer care skills
- Problem solving skills
- Presentation skills
We would hope to offer a permanent position for the right candidate following successful completion of the apprenticeship and dependent upon performance throughout