Glass Mould Repair Engineering Apprentice – Allied Glass (LS10 1NQ)
To ensure all mould equipment and accompanying parts are supplied and ready for production runs in accordance with production requirements.
- The implementation of the Company Health and Safety Policy within the department, as per the organisation and arrangements for implementing that Policy, set down in the Company Handbook.
- Department operations are conducted in accordance with the Company’s Health and Safety Management System at all times.
- To ensure mould equipment weighing in the range of 5kg to 45kg is cleaned and identified correctly.
- To ensure equipment is allocated correctly in accordance with departmental requirements.
- To ensure production requirements are met regarding material flow.
- To follow all company procedures regarding health and Safety.
- To ensure all relevant PPE is worn whilst carrying out their general duties.
- To identify and take appropriate remedial action to rectify equipment faults and failures and then take further action to eliminate or minimise any reoccurrence.
- Ensure that all necessary information is recorded using the recognised documentation and procedures.
- Ensure all Company procedures are effectively applied at all times.
- Mould equipment is deployed satisfactorily and in time for production runs.
- Prompt and appropriate action is taken to eliminate or minimise faults and failures.
- To provide a good level of communication to supervisor.
- To promote continuous quality of workmanship with attention to detail.
- High standards of housekeeping and safety in the work area are continuously maintained.
- All records are maintained and updated regularly.
About the Employer
Allied Glass are an independently owned premium glass bottle manufacturer which designs, develops and manufactures glass packaging. A supplier of bespoke glass bottles to the spirits industry, producing beautiful glass bottles for iconic international brands whilst also supporting the very smallest craft producers.
Things to Consider
- Leeds(LS10 1NQ): reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Training to be Delivered
This apprenticeship will be delivered through a mixture of college and work based learning. Successful candidates will attend our Printworks Campus one day per week to learn the skills/ knowledge required to be successful within this role. They will also receive a visit once a month in their place of work from their assessor, where delivery will take place on a one to one basis.In addition learners will need to be allocated 20% of their contracted hours per week to concentrate on any development activities set
Functional Skills qualifications (If required):
- Functional Skill in English
- Functional Skill in Maths
+ Employment Rights and Responsibilities
+ Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
69 S Accommodation Rd
42 months plus 3 months EPA
Mon to Thurs - 8am – 4pm Fri - 8am – 3pm
What You Need
GCSE’s in English and Maths at grade 4 or above
Maintenance: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer Focus
- Health and Safety
- Quality Management
- Personal Standards and Discipline
- Decision Making