Events Apprentice Level 3 – Luminate Education Group
The Luminate Education Group marketing function aims to lead, deliver and measure outstanding student recruitment marketing across our core FE brands and key audiences:
- Adult (19+ learners)
- Harrogate College
- Keighley College
- Leeds City College
- Leeds Sixth Form College
- Pudsey Sixth Form College
- Yorkshire Centre for Training and Development
Externally-facing marketing activity (designed to recruit students) is the core focus on the marketing team and is what the team is resourced to deliver. The marketing function is a proactive one, leading on strategy development, taking strategic and operational decisions, and managing the use of its resources. In practice, this means that the team produce and deliver annual marketing strategies for each FE brand within the group (in collaborative consultation with colleagues from curriculum, student recruitment and admissions, and other key stakeholders/leaders). Strategies are underpinned by high-quality market insight and the principle of putting students first.
Main Duties include:
- Support the events plan for an assigned FE brand or target audience.
- Support the implementation of a range of high-quality student recruitment and outreach events, both on campus and at external sites (and also potentially online events), monitoring event success/impact and return-on-investment.
- Contribute to the delivery of a plan for ensuring that events are innovative, interactive, and engaging, working closely with curriculum colleagues, other professional departments, and the wider marketing team to deliver a first-rate customer experience.
- Support the mystery shopping of rivals’ student recruitment events to ensure that Luminate remains at the forefront of delivering competitive experiential marketing.
- Support the maintenance of positive external relationships with key events venues/experience suppliers and internal delivery colleagues
About the Employer
Luminate Education Group is a collective of education providers based in Yorkshire with one clear purpose: to make a positive difference to people’s lives through genuinely transformative education and training.
We offer a wide range of job vacancies across our business support functions – Finance, Human Resources, ITSS, Marketing, Communications, Executive Support, Estates and Food Services. Our large size and diverse range of member organisations means there are always exciting opportunities to progress.
As an education provider, we are committed to lifelong learning and investing in our workforce, and you’ll have access to a broad variety of training and professional development designed to help you continually develop and grow.
Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development.
Things to Consider
There are plenty of benefits available to our staff members, here are just a few:
- Annual leave entitlement – If you work full time, you’ll get at least 27 days holiday plus bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary closure days at Christmas (pro rata for part time staff).
- Support Staff 27 days (increasing to 32 days after 5 years service)
- Academic 37 days
- Senior Management 37 days
- Generous Pension schemes
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Memberships and discounts – employees can sign up to various membership cards and discount schemes such as TOTUM card (formerly NUS card).
- Travel and commuting – discounted travel available through Metro card, Northern Rail, First Bus, Arriva Bus and Cycle to work schemes.
- Learning and development opportunities – including staff development days
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible and hybrid working opportunities – this will vary depending on role requirements
Leeds, United Kingdom
Advanced Level 3 (A level)
Luminate Education Group
£10,765 - £20,391 Yearly
What You Need
- Good communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- Good level of attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Can build positive working relationships with colleagues
- Knowledge of (and passion for) events management strategies