Early Years Educator Apprentice JOLLY GIRAFFES DAY NURSERY LTD (LS26 8RA)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- To plan, create and implement engaging activities,
- tailored to each of your key children, to encourage their development towards key milestones
- Observing, tracking and reflecting on learning
- Develop and maintain strong parent/ carer partnerships
- Promote and ensure child welfare, protection, health and safety and safeguarding procedures and policies are followed at all times
- Work with colleagues to maintain a positive, happy and safe environment on a day to day basis
- To learn ‘on the job’ enhancing learning done through assignments as part of your Apprentice qualification
About the Employer
We are a well-established (eighteen years now!), independent nursery and we feel that this makes us quite unique as we strive to create a true ‘home-from-home’ for our children and their parents/carers. We’re not tied to any franchise regulations so we can have great freedom to support our children’s learning, and help them reach their full potential, in our own unique way. From the moment we walk into our amazing ‘giant house’ we feel like one big Jolly family!
Things to Consider
Transport – Travelling distances – Train station within 2 minute walk. On Leeds to Castleford line.
Minimum Apprentice wage for the probationary period which will be re-assessed after the 12 weeks possibly moving up dependent on age.
Training to be Delivered
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Development of skills will be supported by a workplace mentor in conjunction with one full day in college per month
- An assessor will undertake workplace visits and will support the apprentice with their learning and employment
- We will oversee the teaching and learning around the knowledge, skills and behavior elements of the standard, outlined below. We will manage the apprentice’s OneFile account ensuring targets, milestones and deadlines are achieved
- Will undertake a Level 3 Early Years Educator qualfication
JOLLY GIRAFFES DAY NURSERY LTD
16 STATION LANE
Shifts to be confirmed
What You Need
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 9-4 A*-C or equivalent) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 9-4 A*-C or equivalent) Essential
Other Level 2 Early Years Practitioner (Grade Pass or above) Essential
- Communication skills
- Organisation skills
- Customer care skills
- Problem solving skills
- Team working
- Non judgemental
- Physical fitness
To potentially become full-time employee