Digital Assistant Apprentice (Yorkshire Cancer Research HG1 8PA)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Specifically, you will:
- Be comfortable liaising with our IT Partner to ensure new starter accounts are set up correctly.
- Make sure that IT equipment is returned and access to data is managed effectively and securely when people leave.
- Play a key part in contributing to the creation of digital & technology policies, processes and training materials so all staff understand what good looks like.
- Support the Head of Digital keeping key digital documents and artefacts up to date (e.g., Digital Roadmap) and circulating as needed.
- Act as a Microsoft Teams administrator, coordinating the set-up and administration of Microsoft Teams and Channels including managing external guest access.
- Coordinate the set-up of new SharePoint sites and permissions groups working with our IT Provider.
- Keep track of all third-party tools and software in use including users and admins e.g., Trello, Miro, AirTable etc.
- Support all the other members of the Digital team to enable them to work as effectively as possible.
- Assist on digital transformation projects and initiatives as appropriate. This could include carrying out research, reviewing and testing tools and solutions, helping with project administration, etc.
About the Employer
Yorkshire Cancer Research is the largest independent regional cancer charity in England. With an ambitious goal of saving 2000 lives a year, it is an exciting time to be joining the charity. Every week in Yorkshire almost 600 people are told they have cancer, by working for Yorkshire Cancer Research you are helping to protect and save these lives. Yorkshire is big, beautiful and diverse and, as an inclusive employer, our aim is that our workforce reflects the rich diversity of our region. We believe a diverse workforce is central to us achieving our strategic goal of saving more lives in our region. We offer equal opportunities within our organisation. Yorkshire Cancer Research is entering an exciting period in its development. As part of this we are expanding our team at our Head Office and a number of new roles are being created. As such, we are now looking for a Digital Assistant Apprentice to support our Digital team.
Things to Consider
● Is the candidate able to work on-site at our Yorkshire Cancer Research Centre in Hornbeam Park, Harrogate?
● Is the candidate willing to undertake a basic DBS check?
Advanced Level 3 (A level)
Yorkshire Cancer Research
Yorkshire Cancer Research Centre Hornbeam Square West Harrogate North Yorkshire HG2 8PA
Monday – Thursday 9am – 5pm Friday 9am – 4.30pm
£20,971.60 a year
What You Need
- GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4) essential
- GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) essential
- IT skills
- Attention to detail
- Organisation skills
- Problem solving skills
- Administrative skills
- Analytical skills
- Team working
- Passion for digital technology
- Proven technical experience
- Evidence of a continued passion for digital and technology throughout your education.
- Demonstratable experience of a passion for digital and technology.
- A good understanding of the digital and technology landscape.
- A basic understanding of digital transformation.
- Good written communication skills.
- Proven technical experience relevant to the level and requirements of the role.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to engage with internal and external stakeholders.
Excellent organisational skills, including time management skills and the ability to prioritise workload to meet deadlines.
Opportunity to progress on to a Level 4 Digital & IT apprenticeship.