Customer Service – Aire Valley Surgery (LS19 7JN)
- Data entry
- Outbound calls
- Sending out letters
- Advise patients of the relevant process and charges for private work (non NHS medical services).
- Enter patient information on to the computer as required
- Retrieve and/or file patient records as required
- File prescriptions for patients to collect ensuring strict alphabetical order is adhered to
- Ensure records are kept up to date
- Make and serve refreshments for the team and for meetings, ensure the kitchen is kept clean and tidy and tidy the waiting room
- Undertake any other addition duties appropriate to the post as requested by the Partners, Practice Manager or Assistant Practice Manager.
- Filing, photocopying, replenishing forms
- Preparation of leaflets
- Ensuring that patient and practice confidentiality is maintained at all times in accordance with Data Protection Act.
- Ensure building security – have thorough knowledge of doors/windows/alarm.
- Make coffee for doctors and visitors
- Undertake any other additional duties appropriate to the post as requested by the Partners, the Practice Manager or Assistant Practice Manager.
About the Employer
Aire Valley Surgery is a Doctors Surgery with two sites, one in Rawdon and another in Yeadon. We have many services and clinics available for our patients and it is a busy place with lots going on.
Things to Consider
Training to be Delivered
We will provide hands on practical training in a range of secretarial duties, reception and administration. In addition, online training will be offered with certificates in manual handling, health & safety, confidentiality, safeguarding, equality and diversity, infection control, etc
Aire Valley Surgery
15 Months (job contract will be 18 months)
Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm
Up to £180 Weekly
What You Need
GCSE Grade D or above in Maths and English (or equivalent) is essential. Acceptance is subject to college interview, initial assessment and taking a skill area test.
- Ability to pass an enhanced C.R.B (Disclosure & Barring Service) check – essential
- Ability to be flexible (within the overall hours) to cover for absent colleagues – essential
- If the applicant is a registered patient at the practice, they MUST be prepared for themselves and immediate family members to register at a different GP surgery – essential.
- Motivated and forward thinking
- Excellent communication skills, written, verbal and interpersonal
- Highly practical.
- Good administrative and IT skills (including Word & Excel)
- Ability to work on own initiative and meet deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Excellent team player
- Personable, willing and enthusiastic.
- Friendly and caring