Apprentice Teaching Assistant – LIGHTHOUSE SCHOOL LTD (LS16 6QB)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Working with Tutors, Wellbeing Tutors and Teachers, participating in, and assisting with, the development of individual autism interventions.
- Assisting the Wellbeing Tutors and Teachers with the planning and delivery of activities ensuring that all pupils are able to access a stimulating, pleasant and safe environment
- Assisting in working with individual pupils, pairs or small groups as directed by teaching staff
- Assisting with the presentation and display of pupils’ work.
- Assisting with the maintenance of records and data recording for pupils in all areas of the curriculum.
- Assisting with personal care for pupils as required e.g. toileting, feeding and medication etc.
- Co-operating with colleagues at all times to ensure the aims of the school are met
- Raising any concerns about pupils with the relevant teachers.
- Working towards being a key worker alongside the Key Stage Co-ordinator, Form Tutor, Communication Team and Wellbeing Tutor to know the student well, building rapport and knowing areas of interest;
- Know your key students outcomes
- Keep pupil passport updated;
- Record “Wow” moments for student;
- Be an advocate for the student.
- Understand the students’ Academic/speech and language therapy/Emotional Literacy levels and highlight any area of need (lack of progress);
About the Employer
Lighthouse School in Leeds is a completely unique secondary school. In fact, we are the first of our kind in the country – a specialist free school. We focus on a ‘destination-led’ approach for our students who all have a diagnosis of autism (ASC).
Training to be Delivered
- Teaching Assistant NVQ Level 3
- Leeds City College (Quarry Hill Campus)
LIGHTHOUSE SCHOOL LTD
£9,254.44 to £18,278.00 (dependent on age) Yearly
What You Need
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade Grade 9-4 ( A-C or equivalent)) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Grade 9-4 ( A-C or equivalent)) Essential
- Communication skills
- IT skills
- Organisation skills
- Team working
- Non judgemental
- Physical fitness
Progression to Higher Level Teaching Assistant route