Apprentice Teaching Assistant – Leeds City College (Quarry Hill Campus)
- You will work within the School of Social Sciences supporting teachers and students at college to achieve their Maths and English qualifications and vocational qualifications in Education and Childcare and Health, Science and Social Care.
- You will support student progress, monitor attendance, promote and role-model positive values and relationships.
- You will provide feedback to teachers on learner progress and support needs.
- You will prepare the classroom and work under the direction of the teacher to support and enhance learning and assessment.
- You will help teachers with the organisation and invigilation of assessment and exams, revising for exams, maintaining the learning environment, and assist where needed within the department.
About the Employer
Leeds City College is one of the largest further education institutions in the country with more than 20,000 students and is one of the biggest providers of apprenticeships regionally. The college is part of Luminate Education Group, which consists of Leeds City College, University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College, Keighley College, Harrogate College and Leeds Conservatoire.
Things to Consider
You can review the current Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Training to be Delivered
Mode of delivery: Once a month day release in college.
- The Level 3 Apprenticeship is delivered in partnership with the workplace you will be expected to attend college 1 day a month, where you will gain knowledge and understanding of the working within sector. You will develop skills on the job where you will be supported by a workplace mentor.
- An Assessor from Leeds City College will visit you on a regular basis to support your learning journey
The Apprenticeship standards
- comprises of: Knowledge, skills and behaviours in accordance with the assessment plan
End point assessment
- Observation of practice ·
- Professional discussion underpinned by a portfolio of evidence
Luminate Education Group
Quarry Hill Campus
To be discussed at interview.
£10,158.72 to £20,048.08
What You Need
- GCSE or equivalent English (Grade Grade 9-4 /A*-C) essential
- GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 9-4 A*-C) essential
- Communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Organisation skills
- Problem solving skills
- Administrative skills
- Number skills
- Team working
- Non judgemental