Apprentice Level 2 Early Years Practitioner – Kidspiration Childcare and Education ltd (LS12 5EZ)
- To support the team to provide high quality care and education for all children and support for families.
- To support the team to provide a broad and balanced Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum that will meet the requirements of relevant national and local standards.
- To learn how to follow Individual Education Plans (IEPs) and the Early Support Programme for children with Special Educational needs (SEN) and implement that learning in the workplace.
- To learn to observe and monitor children’s development and contribute to written reports of their progress and to implement that learning in the workplace.
- To maintain client confidentiality.
- To report any injury or accident ensuring that health and safety of the individual is maintained.
- To follow the process for reporting any suspicious or suspected non-accidental injury complying with Departmental Child Protection Procedures in line with Local Safeguarding Children Board Procedures (West Yorkshire Consortium Procedure Manual)
- To refer parents and families for support where necessary.
- If necessary, to take responsibility for a group of children during any building evacuation.
- To support the team to provide educational visits for children and families, observing Health and Safety policies.
- To understand and support Leeds City Council and Departmental Policies including these on Equal Opportunities and Health and Safety
- To undertake other duties commensurate to the post or grade as required by the Department.
- To undertake the accountabilities of the post in accordance with Council policies including the Equal Opportunities and Health and Safety policies
About the Employer
Things to Consider
- The post holder will work from a single storey building in a residential area.
- Kidspiration operates a non-smoking policy.
- There will be regular lifting and handling of children
- There will be regular Lifting and moving of play equipment
- The post holder will be required to kneel, sit on the floor or bend down to low levels in order to effectively interact with children
Training to be Delivered
- Level 2 Childcare Qualification.
- Will attend Leeds City College (Quarry Hill Campus) once a month.
Kidspiration Childcare and Education Ltd
St Makarios Church Hall
Monday - Friday
What You Need
GCSE or equivalent (Preferred)
- Apprenticeship level 3
- At the end of the apprenticeship, the successful candidate may be offered the opportunity to progress within the setting.