Apprentice Hospitality Supervisor – HARWOOD PROVISIONS COMPANY LIMITED (LS17 9LF)
- Processing bookings.
- Assisting with general administration tasks.
- Assisting guests with queries and requests, providing exceptional customer service.
- Assisting the hospitality manager to deliver an outstanding guest experience. Set up areas for food and drink service in Harewood Estate event spaces which include The Hovels and The Garden Lodge producing coffees and other hot drinks.
- Serving drinks and food to customers.
About the Employer
Harewood Estate lies nestled between Leeds and Harrogate, set in sweeping Yorkshire landscape designed by Lancelot “Capability” Brown. The Estate has a diverse range of business interests including a portfolio of 9 self-catering Holiday Cottages, food production and hospitality among others. The Estate is currently owned by Davis Lascelles, 8th Earl of Harewood. His son Ben is the director of the Estate and son Eddy is director of the Harewood Food and Drink project, set up to promote the best local produce including everything that is reared and grown on the Estate itself.
Things to Consider
- – Location of Harewood House and travel arrangements to support the role.
- – The role is front of house based and therefore will require large periods of time standing up and can be fast paced during business periods.
- – Please review the current Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates.
Training to be Delivered
Training will be mainly in the workplace alongside your colleagues and day release at college one day per week. The length of the apprenticeship programme is 15 months (inclusive of 3 months for the end point assessment). The apprentice will undertake the Hospitality Supervisor Level 3 apprenticeship standard.
Mode of delivery:
Day release at the Printworks campus. All hospitality team members must have the following introductory knowledge. Understand what hospitality means, the culture of the industry and why delivering a customer experience to meet and exceed customer’s expectations is so important to hospitality businesses.
Appreciate the importance of hospitality behaviours such as personal conduct, being adaptable, using initiative and communicating with a diverse range of people. Know the range of businesses and establishments that make up the hospitality industry, their differences and similarities and the variety of job roles and progression opportunities that are available.
All hospitality team members must have core hospitality knowledge, skills, and behaviours. Dealing with a range of customers, understanding the business needs, values, and mission statement.
The apprentice will cover a range of units and will then specialise in a specific pathway depending on their job role such as Food and Beverage, House Keeping, Concierge, Front Office, Events or Hospitality Outlet Supervisor.
Advanced Level 3 (A level)
HARWOOD PROVISIONS COMPANY LIMITED
HAREWOOD ESTATE OFFICE
Shifts will be arranged/discussed prior to apprenticeship commencing.
What You Need
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade Level 1) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Level 1) Essential
- Communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Organisation skills
- Customer care skills
- Administrative skills
- Team working
The possibility of securing a full – time position. We pride ourselves in supporting our staff to achieve promotion within the business.