Apprentice Hospitality Supervisor – Harewood Provisions Company Limited (LS17 9LF)
To assist the Housekeeping team with self-catering Holiday cottage changeovers:
• Making beds and cleaning all areas according to Harewood Holidays SOP ‘s
To assist the back office team INCLUDING :
• Answering to phone
• Processing bookings
• Assisting with general admin tasks
• Assist guests with queries and requests
• Assist the Hospitality manager to deliver an outstanding guest experience
Set up areas for food and drink service in Harewood Estate event spaces which include The Hovels and The garden Lodge:
• Producing coffees other hot drinks
• Serving drinks and food to customers
• Clearing and cleaning tables
• Serving as range of both soft beverages and Alcoholic
• Assisting Washing up where needed
• Providing exceptional customer service
• Adhering to standards of service set out by the front of house team
About the Employer
Harewood Estate lies nestled between Leeds and Harrogate, set in sweeping Yorkshire landscape designed by Lancelot “Capability” Brown. The Estate has a diverse range of business interests including a portfolio of 9 self-catering Holiday Cottages, food production and hospitality among others.
The Estate is currently owned by Davis Lascelles, 8th Earl of Harewood.
His son Ben is the director of the Estate and son Eddy is director of the Harewood Food and Drink project, set up to promote the best local produce including everything that is reared and grown on the Estate itself.
Things to Consider
• Location of the Holiday Cottage and travel arrangements to support
The role involves standing up for the duration of the shift and is hard work and can be fast paced as deadlines must be achieved .
• Please review the current Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Training to be Delivered
By the employer, whilst working alongside your colleagues and college one day per week.
Length of Programme 16 months (inclusive of 3 months end point assessment) Mode of delivery: day release at the Printworks campus
All hospitality team members must have the following introductory knowledge
Understand what hospitality means the culture of the industry and why delivering a customer experience to meet and exceed customer’s expectations is so important to hospitality businesses.
Appreciate the importance of hospitality behaviours such as personal conduct, being adaptable, using initiative and communicating with a diverse range of people.
Know the range of businesses and establishments that make up the hospitality industry, their differences and similarities and the variety of job roles and progression opportunities that are available.
All hospitality team members must have the following core hospitality knowledge, skills and behaviours
First line supervision / Team leading
They must then select from one of the following specialist function
Food and Beverage service
Harewood Provisions Company Limited
Muddy Boots Cafe
Harewood Village Hall
4 days out of 7 – mainly mid-week daytime shifts although opportunities to work on a weekend may arise. Shift TBA
What You Need
• No previous qualifications required
• Level 1 functional skills in maths and English must be achieved prior to gateway and the learner must also attempt their level 2 maths and English exams.
*functional skills does not apply if the apprentice already holds a grade A-C in both English and maths.
Good teamwork ethic
• Strong communication skills
• The ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment
• Organised multitasker
• Accuracy when dealing with bookings and other radmin
• A willingness and desire to learn
• Take pride in own role through an enthusiastic and professional approach to tasks
• High standards of cleanliness and hygiene
• Punctuality and reliability is a must
The possibility of securing a permanent position. We pride ourselves in supporting our staff to achieve promotion within the business.