Apprentice Engineering Fitter – HYDRA PERM CO LTD (LS13 4LY)
The apprentice will learn how to:
- Assemble hydraulic pumps, motors, flow dividers and valves from stock components.
- Test assemblies for their performance and record their findings.
- Disassemble hydraulic units and learn how to assess for repair/replacement.
- Learn to understand engineering drawings.
About the Employer
Hydra-Perm-Co-Ltd is a 2nd generation family business established in 1991. We are a team of specialist hydraulic engineers providing bespoke products. Our client base spans many industries and sectors both nationally and internationally.
Training to be Delivered
Engineering Fitter Apprenticeship Level 3
42 months plus 3 months EPA
This apprenticeship will be delivered through a mixture of college and work based learning. Successful candidates will attend our Printworks Campus one day per week to learn the skills/ knowledge required to be successful within this role. They will also receive a visit once a month in their place of work from their assessor, where delivery will take place on a one to one basis.
Employers must satisfy themselves that apprentices are ready for their end point assessment. Apprentices must demonstrate that they meet the following criteria:
● Achieved a minimum Level 2 English and maths.
● Satisfactory completion of the formal training plan agreed with the apprentice by the employer.
● Sufficient evidence in the form of a portfolio to allow the apprentice to consistently demonstrate knowledge, skills and behaviours as described in the standard.
● Complete a minimum of 20% of their contracted hours allocated to off the job training.
The end-point assessment is synoptic and takes place at the end of the apprentice’s learning and development (final three months). It will consist of a performance assessment in the workplace – logbook / portfolio of evidence. Knowledge/practical assessments and assignments.
These are carried out after the apprentice has met the required criteria to pass the Gateway process. The apprenticeship is graded a pass, distinction or fail based on performance in the end-point assessment.
Functional Skills qualifications (If required):
• Functional Skill in English
• Functional Skill in Maths
+ Employment Rights and Responsibilities
+ Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
This standard will meet the professional standards of the Engineering Council for registration as Engineering Technician (Eng Tech) by an appropriate Professional Engineering Institution.
In addition above to also provide following training
Basic fault finding
Reading circuit diagrams
Advanced Level 3 (A level)
HYDRA PERM CO LTD
Monday to Thursday 08.30am to 5pm, Friday 08.30am to 4pm (30 minutes for lunch)
What You Need
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4 (C)) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4 (C)) Essential
- Communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving skills
- Team working
Permanent position is available for the right candidate.