Apprentice Engineer – Watershed Packaging (LS9 0AN)
- – Working on our customers sites based around the UK, following their sign in/sign out procedures and filling out job sheets on completion of work.
- – Repairing, installing and maintaining our packaging machinery. This covers things like box sealing machines, pallet wrappers, label applicators, inkjet coders and case erectors.
- – Liaising with customers and our suppliers to ensure stock levels are correct and we have the necessary parts available to complete outstanding work.
- – Jobs can range from half a day’s work on smaller machinery up to full weeks installing entire lines at a customer’s premises, the candidates would be expected to work away and stay in hotels (paid for by the company) and also work weekends when required.
- – Being involved in the planning and delivery of larger projects to meet our customer’s needs.
- – Running trials and demonstrations at our head office in Leeds for potential new customers, showing/explaining how our machines work.
- – Picking parts from our stockroom and completing orders when customers require parts from us. Also managing stock levels and reordering when anything gets low.
- – Maintenance at our own factory on print presses and rewind machines, looking after the air supply to our own machines and attending to any breakdowns
About the Employer
Watershed packaging are a Leeds based flexographic printing company specialising in Shrink sleeves, Flexible packaging, Die cut lids and printed labels.
Things to Consider
- May be required to work away from home on short notice
- Overtime when required
- Weekend work when required
Watershed Packaging Ltd
Thornes Farm Way
07:30-16:00, 30 minute unpaid dinner break Overtime when required
What You Need
Maths, English & Science A-C or equivalent
- Fault finding skills
- Previous experience working in production environments preferable
- Clean UK driving licence required