Apprentice engineer – CBRE GWS (LS1 3EB)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- To maintain a logbook over the duration of the apprenticeship period, recording projects and documenting work that has been undertaken and the skills learned.
- Learning and understanding the importance of Health and Safety within the workplace.
- To become proficient in the application and use of a wide range of hand tools and associated workshop machine tools.
- Learn to understand and interpret engineering drawings.
- To develop the skills to carry out both planned and reactive maintenance from written and verbal instructions and drawings within an assigned trade.
- To be able to demonstrate skills and processes as the training period progresses by working independently or with a team.
- To undertake tasks as instructed, increasing overall contribution to the business unit.
- To maintain and to ensure general good housekeeping of the workplace and client locations.
- To maintain a smart appearance and to act in a professional manner always in line with CBRE RISE values.
About the Employer
Today’s corporate real estate leaders are being challenged to deliver significant results in occupancy cost reduction, decarbonisation, employee engagement and post-pandemic workplace solutions. Through strategic business engagement, integrated solutions, data intelligence and continuous innovation, we deliver meaningful benefit by enhancing your employee experience, delivering cost efficiencies, mitigating risk and creating tangible value across your portfolio.
Training to be Delivered
Advanced Maintenance and Operations Engineering Technician Apprenticeship Level 3
42 months plus 3 months EPA
This apprenticeship will be delivered through a mixture of college and work based learning. Successful candidates will attend our Printworks Campus one day per week to learn the skills/ knowledge required to be successful within this role. They will also receive a visit once a month in their place of work from their assessor, where delivery will take place on a one to one basis.
Maintenance & Operations Engineering Technicians covers 7 roles: Electrical Technicians; Mechanical Technicians; Control & Instrumentation Technicians; Wind Turbine Technicians Electrical System and Process Control Technicians; Electromechanical Technicians and Plant Operations Technicians. They will maintain the safety, integrity and effective operation of plant and equipment in one or more of the following Industries that are part of or have activities that are part of the broader national infrastructure Engineering Sector.
Employers must satisfy themselves that apprentices are ready for their end point assessment. Apprentices must demonstrate that they meet the following criteria:
● Achieved a minimum Level 2 English and Maths.
● Satisfactory completion of the formal training plan agreed with the apprentice by the employer.
● Sufficient evidence in the form of a portfolio to allow the apprentice to consistently demonstrate knowledge, skills and behaviours as described in the standard.
● Complete a minimum of 20% of their contracted hours allocated to off the job training.
The end-point assessment is synoptic and takes place at the end of the apprentice’s learning and development (final three months). It will consist of a performance assessment in the workplace – logbook / portfolio of evidence. Knowledge/practical assessments and assignments.
These are carried out after the apprentice has met the required criteria to pass the Gateway process. The apprenticeship is graded a pass, distinction or fail based on performance in the end-point assessment.
Functional Skills qualifications (If required):
• Functional Skill in English
• Functional Skill in Maths
+ Employment Rights and Responsibilities
+ Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
This standard will meet the professional standards of the Engineering Council for registration as Engineering Technician (Eng Tech) by an appropriate Professional Engineering Institution.
Advanced Level 3 (A level)
2 Leighton St
Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
What You Need
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4 (C)) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4 (C)) Essential
- Communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Organisation skills
- Problem solving skills
- Team working
Potential full-time employment after completion of the apprenticeship.