Apprentice Commis Chef – White Swan Pub Company Ltd (LS19 7TA)
- To provide all customers with a professional, helpful and friendly service
- To assist in preparation of food, as well as ensuring full food and safety practices are followed.
- To ensure all food is stored correctly and at the correct temperature
- To adhere to knife techniques and safety equipment policies Works quickly and accurately during busy periods, such as weekends and evenings
- Occasionally takes on extra duties, such as cleaning, when the kitchen is short-staffed or the restaurant is particularly busy
About the Employer
The White Swan Hotel is located in Yeadon, 0.7 miles from Park Square. Each accommodation at the property has garden views, and guests can enjoy access to a terrace. The in-house restaurant serves British cuisine.
Things to Consider
Location and the varied working hours – Please review the current Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Training to be Delivered
Commis Chef 18 months practical period and 3 months EPA. Total of 21 months on programme
Mode of delivery:
Delivered in the workplace and weekly college attendance based at our Printworks, Hunslet, Leeds, LS10 1JY At the end of your Apprenticeship training you will have achieved: Level 2 Apprenticeship – Commis Chef Subject to whether you need to complete functional skills, you will also achieve this if applicable by the end of your apprenticeship.
White Swan Pub Company Ltd
Varied, weekend work will be required as well as bank holidays.
What You Need
Desirable that the candidate holds maths, English grade 4 / C and above in GCSE or equivalent, however, not essential. If the candidate does not hold one or either of the qualifications then they will need to complete functional skills level 1 and 2 alongside their apprenticeship standard.
- No essential skills required, but must have a passion for food and want a future in this industry.
Potential opportunity be kept on as a full time member of staff after the completion of the apprenticeship