Apprentice Commis Chef – MOSS AND MOOR LIMITED (LS29 7HQ)
- To assist in the food preparation
- Assist other chefs
- Help unload our incoming deliveries from our exquisite suppliers
- Prepare vegetables and meat, along with measuring ingredients
- Must be a team player and have a positive can-do approach
About the Employer
We are a purposeful, value-led, independent and family-owned business with an aim to ‘Grow Together’. The Moss & Moor experience has been purposefully designed to be inclusive for all: an uplifting environment for the wellbeing of everyone.
Things to Consider
Please review the current Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Training to be Delivered
Commis Chef Level 2
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS GAINED FROM THIS APPRENTICESHIP:
- Contributing to reviewing and refreshing menus.
- Using technology in line with business guidelines.
- Checking food stocks, reporting on shortages and prioritising food that is close to expiry.
- Learning how to prioritise tasks.
- Measuring dish ingredients and portion sizes accurately.
- Developing basic cooking skills and techniques.
- Improving knife skills when preparing food.
- Maintaining a clean and hygienic kitchen.
DELIVERY METHOD: This apprenticeship will be delivered through a mixture of college and work-based learning. Successful candidates will attend our Printworks Campus once a week to learn the skills and knowledge required to be successful within this role. Apprentices will also receive a visit once a month in their place of work from their assessor, where delivery will take place on a one-to-one basis.
MOSS AND MOOR LIMITED
5 days over 7 days on a rota
What You Need
GCSE Maths, GCSE English (or equivalents)
Beyond skills we are looking for a Commis Chef with heart and personality who has a real passion for hospitality, who wants to successfully grow & learn within the industry and has a can-do attitude.
- Willingness to learn
After successfully completing this programme, you can progress on to one of the following apprenticeships at Leeds City College:
- • Chef de Partie Apprenticeship Level 3
- • Baker Apprenticeship Level 2