Our Lockdown Heroes project has been a huge success since its launch in November. Now our artist in residence, Kelly Culver, wants you to get involved in our next online exhibition by creating a portrait of your lockdown hero.
This could be someone who helped you through the tough times we’re in – whether that’s a family member, friend or key worker. You could even celebrate your own strengths! Why not take a look at work by Kehinde Wiley, Julian Opie, Joy Yamusangie or David Hockney for inspiration?
- All styles and mediums welcome
- Showcases the support given to families and communities during the pandemic
- Collection exhibited online from Thursday 29th April
- Deadline for submissions is Monday 26th April
How do I submit my work?
Please ensure you name your image file with your full name and submit via the link below. Digital images should be submitted as JPEG files and no larger than 3mb or 72dpi.Submit now
How should I photograph my work?
- Your image isn’t blurry – it should be clear and in focus
- If the image is too dark people will struggle to see. Usually natural light is the best – photographing near a window in the daytime will help but try to avoid shadows. You can also edit the brightness on your image afterwards
- Only show what you need to and have nothing else in the frame – you may want to crop after uploading
- Photograph head on and not at an angle