L2 Certificate Understanding Behaviour that Challenge
This qualification is designed to increase learners’ awareness and understanding of behaviour that challenges and its effects. The duration of the course is 6-12 weeks.
This qualification is designed to increase learners’ awareness and understanding of behaviour that challenges and its effects. By completing the qualification, learners will develop in depth knowledge of behaviour that challenges which could support progression onto other appropriate qualifications and into relevant employment in the health and social care sector. This qualification would be valuable to learners already working in education and health and social care settings.
This is a knowledge-only qualification; therefore, work experience is not mandatory.
Who is this course for?
Units / Modules
To be awarded the Level 2 Certificate Understanding Behaviour that Challenge, learners are required to successfully complete 4 mandatory units:
- Unit 01 Understand behaviour that challenges
- Unit 02 Understand how to support positive behaviour
- Unit 03 Understand the importance of effective communication and the management of behaviour that challenges
- Unit 04 Understand the role and reflection and support for those involved in incidents of behaviour that challenges
There is no grading for this qualification.
Benefits / Skills
To be awarded the Level 2 Certificate Understanding Behaviour that Challenge, learners are required to successfully complete 4 mandatory units.
The qualification aims to help you develop your underpinning knowledge and understanding behaviour that challenges.
This qualification supports progression to employment and progression within employment for the following job roles and workers:
- care assistant or worker
- personal care assistant
- adult social care relief team worker
- night care assistant
- support worker (supported living)
- key workers in residential/domiciliary/day care settings
- palliative care hospice worker
- home care support worker
- re-enablement worker
- healthcare support service worker
- clinical healthcare support worker
- healthcare assistant
- bereavement support worker.
The qualification supports progression to further learning in the following areas: Horizontal progression into, for example:
- Level 2 Diploma in Adult Care
- Level 2 Diploma in Healthcare Support
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Working with People with Mental Health Needs
- Level 2 Certificate in Awareness of Mental Health Problems
- Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Working with Individuals with Learning Disabilities
- Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship
- Healthcare Support Worker Apprenticeship
Vertical progression into, for example:
- Level 3 Diploma in Adult Care
- Level 3 Diploma in Healthcare Support
- Level 3 Certificate in the Principles of End of Life Care
- Level 3 Certificate in Stroke Care Management
- Lead Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship
- Senior Healthcare Support Worker Apprenticeship
Level 2 Certificate in Awareness of Mental Health Problems
This qualification is designed for any learner that wants to raise their awareness of mental health and the problems that can cause mental health prob...More info
Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care CACHE Certificate Level 2
Advance your career with this specialist programme. You will develop your understanding of safeguarding and protection to ensure the welfare of your p...More info
Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Autism
This qualification aims to develop learners’ understanding of autism and the principles of supporting individuals with autism....More info
Up to 12 weeks (dependent on how much time you study per week)
The qualification is supported by employers in the Health and Social Care sector.