T Level Technical Qualification in Management and Administration Level 3
This qualification offers learners a fantastic opportunity to learn important
theoretical knowledge of how a business operates alongside gaining hands-on
experience in the workplace, to ensure they can have a meaningful impact when
they progress into the world of work. This course has been developed alongside
leading employers for students wanting to work in management and administration
and is designed to help build the required knowledge and skills for the
If you have a passion to start a career in management or administration this
T Level offers an exciting alternative to A levels and Apprenticeships. The T
Level will help to develop knowledge and understanding of a range of subjects
including finance, project and change management, building and managing team,
building business relationships and managing and implementing projects.
The course is delivered over two academic years and will include classroom
based learning and 45 days of industry placement.
T Levels are new courses which will follow GCSEs and are equivalent to three
A levels. These two-year courses have been developed in collaboration with
employers and businesses so that on completion you will have the skills and
knowledge that are perfectly aligned with the needs of the industry and will be
ready to work within a skilled role.
There will be trips and visits throughout the course to a range of
Who is this course for?
Units / Modules
Core Component - will focus on the knowledge and understanding of contexts, concepts, theories and principles relevant to management and administration and will develop awareness of the key areas that impact the business sector.
Underpinning knowledge includes:
- Business Context
- Quality and Compliance
- Policies and Procedures
- Project and Change Management
- Business Behaviours
Industry Specialism - focuses on team leadership and management. The specialism will provide the knowledge to know how team leadership and management works and the skills to undertake them.
Underpinning knowledge and skills includes:
- Team leadership and management
- Leading, managing and developing individuals and teams
- Building relationships
- Delivering operational tasks and plans
- Management and implementation of projects
- Applying governance and compliance
Benefits / Skills
- You will complete a minimum of 45 days industry experience where you will be fully integrated into a local employer, gaining real work skills and experience that will kick start your CV or university application.
- You will develop sector specific skills that will help you gain employment after completing the course including maths, English and digital skills.
- You will gain industry skills through exciting live project work.
Core element of the course as well as an employer set project.
- Year 1 consists of two exams and an employer-set project.
- Year 2 consists of an occupational specialist assignment based project in team leadership/management.
- You will have the opportunity to progress to university, with excellent real life experiences to use in your application.
- Progression to a higher education course at our University Centre Leeds.
- Completing this T Level, will support progression to entry-level leadership and management job opportunities or apprenticeships in a range of private and public business organisations such as finance and accounting, human resources, law, government, health and education.
Course Fee (16-18)
2-year course that will be completed in July 2024
Progression to employment, apprenticeship or university
Completed course is equivalent to 3 A levels
Assessed by a mix of exams, externally set project and an externally set assignment
A minimum of 45 days of industry placement