T Level in Digital Production, Design and Development (Digital & IT)
Are you interested in starting a career as a software developer, mobile app developer, web designer/developer, programmer, automated test developer?
T Levels offer an exciting alternative to A Levels and Apprenticeships. The T Level will fully immerse you in industry informed live and simulated projects which give you the flexibility to learn how to manage projects and develop skills around software development.
You will develop knowledge and understanding of a range of different Computer Science, IT and employability skills subjects such as problem solving, programming, emerging technologies and issues around digital, digital and IT business environments, data, cloud & virtual environments and cybersecurity, all of which are identified as key requirements by employers.
Year 2 of the T Level will consist of developing an occupational specialism, giving you the flexibility to tailor a project to your interests, whilst developing skills specified by large digital employers.
The course will be run over 2 years, each academic year consisting of 36 weeks.
Who is this course for?
Units / Modules
The Core Component (Year 1) consists of a range of topics regarding digital related knowledge and employer informed skills:
- Problem Solving
- Emerging Technologies/Trends (e.g. Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Virtual Reality) and Issues in Digital
- Digital Environments (Cloud/Virtual)
- Testing & Cyber Security
- An Employer-Set Project (ESP) which consists of applying the above skills in a real life working environment e.g. being presented with a problem and then planning, solving and evaluating the issue and solution.
The Occupational Specialism (Year 2) allows development and practical use of employer informed skills such as:
- Analyse a problem to define requirements and acceptance criteria, aligned to user needs
- Design, implement and test software
- Change, maintain and support software
- Create solutions in a social and collaborative environment
- Discover, evaluate and apply reliable sources of knowledge
- Apply ethical principles and manage risks in line with legal and regulatory
- Requirements when developing software
Benefits / Skills
- You will complete a 45 day industry experience where you will be fully integrated into a digital and IT employer, gaining real life skills, which are vital additions to your CV and UCAS applications for university.
- You will develop STEM skills needed in industry, such as problem solving, creative thinking, communication, data driven decisions, intellectual curiosity, flexibility and collaboration.
- You will gain industry skills through exciting live project work.
All assessments are externally marked.
- Year 1 consists of 2 Exams and an Employer-Set Project.
- Year 2 consists of an Occupational Specialist Project.
- You will have the opportunity to progress to University, with excellent real life experiences to use in your application.
- Progression to a higher education course at our University Centre Leeds.
- After completing this T Level, this will support progression to entry-level job opportunities in software design and development, web development, mobile app development, programming.
Course Fee (16-18)