Principles of Working with Individuals with Learning Disabilities NCFE Certificate Level 2
This qualification aims to give learners knowledge and understanding to work with individuals with learning disabilities or difficulties. The duration of the course is 6-12 weeks.
Who is this course for?
Units / Modules
To be awarded the Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Working with Individuals with Learning Disabilities, learners are required to successfully complete 6 mandatory units:
- Unit 01 Understand the context of supporting individuals with learning disabilities
- Unit 02 Principles of safeguarding and protection in health and social care
- Unit 03 Introduction to personalisation in social care
- Unit 04 Principles of positive risk-taking for individuals with disabilities
- Unit 05 Introductory awareness of Autistic Spectrum Conditions
- Unit 06 Principles of supporting individuals with a learning disability to access healthcare.
There is no grading for this qualification.
Benefits / Skills
To achieve the Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Working with Individuals with Learning Disabilities, learners must successfully demonstrate their achievement of all learning outcomes and assessment criteria of the chosen units.
The qualification aims to help you develop your underpinning knowledge and understanding to support your role working with people with learning disabilities. You’ll explore the principles of safeguarding and positive risk taking and gain awareness of the autistic spectrum.
The qualification can support progression to further sector specific training and qualifications for the following types of roles:
- healthcare support service worker
- clinical healthcare support worker
- healthcare assistant
- nursing assistant
- health education/health promotion worker
- care assistants/assistants/support workers in residential settings
- health care assistants/support workers in community and primary care environments
- health care assistants/support workers in acute health environments
- care assistants/support workers/key workers in domiciliary services
- care assistants/support workers/key workers in day services
- personal assistants employed directly by the individual they support or their families.
The qualification supports progression to further learning in the following areas: Horizontal progression into, for example:
- Level 2 Diploma in Adult Care
- Level 2 Diploma in Healthcare Support
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Working with People with Mental Health Needs
- Level 2 Certificate in Awareness of Mental Health Problems
- Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Working with Individuals with Learning Disabilities
- Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship
- Healthcare Support Worker Apprenticeship
Vertical progression into, for example:
- Level 3 Diploma in Adult Care
- Level 3 Diploma in Healthcare Support
- Level 3 Certificate in the Principles of End of Life Care
- Level 3 Certificate in Stroke Care Management
- Lead Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship
- Senior Healthcare Support Worker Apprenticeship
Level 2 Certificate in Awareness of Mental Health Problems
This qualification is designed for any learner that wants to raise their awareness of mental health and the problems that can cause mental health prob...More info
Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care CACHE Certificate Level 2
Advance your career with this specialist programme. You will develop your understanding of safeguarding and protection to ensure the welfare of your p...More info
Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Autism
This qualification aims to develop learners’ understanding of autism and the principles of supporting individuals with autism....More info
The qualification is supported by employers in the Health and Social Care sector.