Pathway 2 – Level 1 Health and Social Care – Beeston
The Pathway develops your understanding of the roles and responsibilities of a care worker. You will learn about supporting adults in their own homes or in a care home setting., how to safeguard the wellbeing of vulnerable adults and health and safety policies and procedures.
Who is this course for?
Units / Modules
You will study a range of different topics including:
- The importance of dignity and respect
- Physical and Sensory needs
- Learning disabilities
Benefits / Skills
- Accredited qualifications to enhance your CV
- A foundation for progression onto further vocational study
- Support from experienced tutors with industry experience
- Develop wider skills in using technology through online learning activities
- Gain confidence in your English and maths skills
Career ProgressionProgression may include Preparing to work in adult social care Level 2. All students progressing onto vocational qualifications will need an enhanced DBS.
Course Fee (16-18)
Part time available at a local centre
Understand the roles and responsibilities of a care assistant
No experience required