Pathway 1 – First steps to Health and Social Care – Deacon House
This course will enable you to develop an understanding of the knowledge, skills and experience required to start your first steps to working in care.
This course provides an understanding of the basic skills needed to care for
an elderly or disabled adults including healthy lifestyles and the importance of
dignity and respect.
The course is studied online or face to face.You will be supported online by
experienced tutors who will help to guide you through your learning programme.
Full training will be given to enable you to access the learning experiences
Who is this course for?
Units / Modules
You will study a range of different topics including:
- The importance of dignity and respect
- Professional communication
- Safeguarding vulnerable adults
- Care routines
Benefits / Skills
- A foundation for progression onto further vocational study
- Support from experienced tutors with industry experience
- Develop wider skills in using technology through online learning activities
- Gain confidence in your English and maths skills
Career ProgressionProgression to Health and Social Care level 1.
Course Fee (16-18)
Part time available at a local centre
Understand the roles and responsibilities of a care assistant
No experience required