Occupational Studies for the Workplace NCFE Diploma | Entry 3
Are you interested in working in the adult care or healthcare sector? Do you need to gain English and maths qualifications? This course is a great introduction to working in the healthcare or adult social care sector while gaining your English and maths qualifications.
Prepare for a career in Health and Social Care with this practical diploma. You will gain valuable industry insight from experienced tutors, putting your theoretical knowledge into practice as you develop your skills and understanding in your chosen vocational areas. Topics include basic food preparation and cooking, parenting skills, improving confidence, and problem solving.
Who is this course for?
Units / Modules
You will study the following modules on your course.
- unit 46 -Using telephone and photocopier
- unit 45 - IT user fundamentals
- unit 36 - Food hygiene and safety
- unit 35 - Basic food prep (cold dish)
- unit 34 - Basic cooking - (hot dish)
- unit 72 - Food and nutrition for children
- unit 58 - Taking part in sport
- unit 74 - Parenting skills
- Unit 73 - Caring for children and babies
- Unit 77 - Personal finances
- Unit 57 - Plan and take part in a visit
- Unit 75 - Improve own confidence
- unit 71 - Problem solving
- Unit 69 - Working as a volunteer
- Unit 70 - Working in a team
Entry 2 Math’s and English qualifications.
Learners without the grade requirements will be assessed for literacy and numeracy levels.
Career ProgressionProgression may include Level 1 Diploma or Level 1 Occupational Studies.
Designed for students with learning difficulties and disabilities, this course focuses on students making decisions and developing their learning. Thi...More info
Supported Employment and Preparation for Work
Aimed at students with learning difficulties and disabilities, this course aims to increase life and independence skills while also developing skills ...More info
The Vine, in Burmantofts, is our specialist, purpose-built centre for learners with profound and multiple learning difficulties. The centre, open...More info
Course Fee (16-18)
This is a great foundation course to support the introduction of health and social care.