NVQ Level 2 Diploma in Food and Beverage Service
This qualification provides the required skills and knowledge for working in the hospitality and catering industry. It is designed to meet the needs of learners who work or wish to work in the industry, with a focus on serving food and beverages.
Go above and beyond for your customers with this catering and hospitality programme. The course will teach you the skills required to pursue a front of house career in the food and drink industry. We will prepare you for your next steps through regular work experience opportunities in hotels, restaurants and bars - as well as working at major events.
Students will be assessed by: Observation of tasks in a realistic working environment Knowledge-based questions Portfolio
Who is this course for?
Units / Modules
- Maintaining a safe, hygienic and secure working environment
- Working effectively as part of a hospitality team
- Giving customers a positive impression of self and organisation
- Maintaining food safety when storing, holding and serving
- Serving food at the table
- Providing a silver service
- Serving alcoholic and soft drinks
- Preparing and serving cocktails
- Preparing and serving hot drinks using specialist equipment
Benefits / Skills
- Develop customer service, food and beverage skills
- Improve barista and beverage service skills
- Increase alcoholic beverage, menu and product knowledge
- Maintain health, safety and food hygiene practices
- Level 3 Diploma in Hospitality, Supervision and Leadership
- Relevant employment
City and Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Culinary Skills
This qualification will help you become an experienced chef. You’ll gain a high standard of cookery skills and have the option to learn further work...More info
Professional Food and Beverage Service City & Guilds Diploma Level 2
Go above and beyond for your customers with this service programme. This course will teach you the skills needed to pursue a career as a chef or as fr...More info
Professional Cookery Diploma | Level 2
Gain a basic understanding of food preparation, cooking, and presentation with our practical programme. This course develops the practical and theoret...More info
Course Fee (16-18)
There are 41,219 jobs in Leeds City Region’s hospitality and catering sector. (EMSI, 2019)
English and maths will be built into the course if your grades are below 4.