NCFE Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Prevention and Control of Infection in Healthcare Settings
This qualification helps learners understand the meaning and importance of infection control. We’ll investigate the causes of infections, the conditions they thrive in and the ways they can spread, before looking at prevention and control methods.
This course is ideal for those interested in the causes of infections, the ways in which they thrive, and methods used to prevent and control the spread. It’s particularly useful for anyone working or looking to work in healthcare, giving them the knowledge and understanding they need to support their role. It also allows learners to progress to other qualifications in this specific subject area, or within the wider health and social care sector.
Students will be assessed through: Assignments Reports Presentations External quality-assured portfolio
Who is this course for?
Units / Modules
This course has four mandatory units:
- Unit 1: Principles of the Causes and Spread of Infection in Healthcare Settings
- Unit 2: Principles of the Importance of Personal Hygiene and Health in the Prevention and Control of Infection in Healthcare Settings
- Unit 3: Principles of Decontamination, Cleaning and Waste Management in Healthcare Settings
- Unit 4: Principles of Infection Prevention and Control in Healthcare Settings
Benefits / Skills
- In-depth knowledge of the principles surrounding infection and control
- Wider understanding of personal hygiene and health in the prevention and control of infection in healthcare settings
- Prepares learners for a career in healthcare
- Prepare for career in healthcare or progress within your current healthcare role
- Gain knowledge that can be applied to a wide range of job roles within the health and social care sector
Awareness of Mental Health Problems NCFE Certificate | Level 2
Do you want to raise your awareness of mental health? This qualification develops your understanding of a range of mental health problems. It is relev...More info
Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care CACHE Certificate Level 2
Advance your career with this specialist programme. You will develop your understanding of safeguarding and protection to ensure the welfare of your p...More info
Understanding Autism NCFE Certificate | Level 2
Would you like to better understand how to support individuals with autism? This detailed course will develop your understanding of autism and the...More info
Course Fee (16-18)
This qualification provides learners with an introduction to the principles of prevention and control of infection in healthcare settings.
It ensures learners understand the importance of personal hygiene and health, in the prevention and control of infection in the healthcare industry.
By achieving the qualification, learners will gain the knowledge and understanding to act as drivers of positive change within the workplace and at home.