Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling 2 Year Part-Time Course
The SEG Awards Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling is designed to prepare learners (19+) for employment within the Counselling field, as the qualification is concerned with the training of counsellors to a professional level of competency. The purpose of this qualification is to provide learners with an opportunity to develop work-based skills within an ethical framework and develop an understanding of the impact of a diverse society on clients, Counselling therapeutic theories, self-awareness and research methodologies, all of which will be demonstrated through written assignments, skills practice and a 100 hour supervised placement, working as a trainee counsellor with clients in an organisational setting.
Who is this course for?
Anyone who is interested in working as a fully qualified counsellor and become BACP accredited, or anyone wants to work in a supportive role using the skills, personal development and knowledge required to offer emotional support in similar roles.
Units / Modules
Learners will complete this qualification with a comprehensive and full understanding of the following units:
- Professional Organisational Issues in Counselling
- Counselling in a Diverse Society
- Counselling Theory
- Advanced Counselling Skills
- Self-awareness for Counsellors
- Research Methodologies in Counselling
- Counselling Placement
Benefits / Skills
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Developing an ethical and professional counselling approach.
- Understanding counselling theory and being able to apply to practice.
- Gaining knowledge in relation to legislation, policies, procedures, confidentiality and safeguarding.
- New Self-Awareness
- Identifying personal strengths
- Identifying areas for further development
Interview - group and individual
A short academic assignment completed at interview
- Face to face, Level 3 Certificate in Counselling.
- Online/remote level 3 courses are not acceptable.
- Evidence of being able to work at Level 4 status (academically and practically)
Higher education - BA/Masters
Many learners progress towards national accreditation status with professional lead bodies. If learners wish to approach a professional regulatory body, they will need to ensure that they meet their requirements. There is potential for this qualification to help learners looking for employment in a particular variety of settings e.g. GP practices and voluntary and statutory organisations.
Once qualified at level 4 learners may decide to train in a specific field or work towards a supervision qualification. Some examples:
- Private Practice
- School Counsellors
- Coaching/Mentoring/Support Work
Counselling Skills ABC Certificate | Level 3 – Rothwell Centre
Before studying this course, you will ideally have studied the Counselling Concepts programme as this course builds on the skills and ideas acquired i...More info
Level 3 Diploma in Sports Massage Therapy
This is a technical qualification that gives you the knowledge, understanding, and specialist skills needed for a career as a sports massage the...More info
Level 4 Certificate in Sports Massage Therapy
This qualification prepares you for working in the sports massage sector, dealing with injured clients. The course is delivered 1 night a week on Wedn...More info