Level 4 Certificate in Nutrition for Weight Management and Athletic Performance (ONLINE)
This course provides you with all the detailed nutritional knowledge required to create and deliver personalised nutrition plans to clients you work with in exercise settings.
As nutrition is an essential component of overall health and fitness, it’s
commonly the biggest obstacle that stands in the way of individuals and their
fitness goals. You will learn about the systems of the human body through our
team of industry-leading food specialists and personal trainers and develop a
strong foundation of knowledge that you can build upon. After which, you will
explore the workings of the metabolism and the best ways to fuel bodies for
athletic performance. On completion of this course, you will be well equipped to
create bespoke nutrition plans for clients.
The key areas explored in this course include:
- Systems of the human body
- Human metabolism
- Fuelling for athletic performance
- Common diets and food labelling
- Strategising nutritional goals for clients
Who is this course for?
Units / Modules
- Unit 1: Systems of the Human Body
- Unit 2: Human Metabolism, The Energy Balance and The Currency of Calories
- Unit 3: Applied Nutrition for Health
- Unit 4: Fuelling for Athletic Performance
- Unit 5: Common Diets, Food Labelling and The Effects of Marketing
- Unit 6: Supplemental Aids and Strategising Nutritional Goals for Clients
Benefits / Skills
Studying this course online has a number of advantages:
- Access your course materials immediately
- Tutor support via our market-leading platform
- Study around existing commitments
- Progress as quickly as you’d like
- Tailored individual learning plan to help you succeed
- Engaging content; from videos to interactive quizzes
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive a Level 4 Certificate for Advanced Sports Nutrition (RFQ), accredited by Focus Awards.
At the end of each unit, you will be tasked with an assignment to assess your learning. Each assignment could contain various academic tasks, such as multiple-choice assessments, written assessments and reflection documents.
Your online tutor will walk you through the process of each assignment, then once completed and submitted, your college assessor will provide you with constructive feedback. This will allow you to develop and progress on to the next stage of your study.
This qualification is an ideal starting point for anyone hoping to start a nutrition-related career, or existing fitness professionals aiming to expand their knowledge and skill set. Through this course, you will have all you need to build bespoke nutritional plans for clients in fitness settings.
If you already hold a health and fitness-related position, gaining this qualification enables you to expand your offering. In having nutritional expertise, you will stand out against other personal trainers and will be able to cater to clients with specific nutritional needs. This is extremely advantageous in light of the increasing number of trainers coming into the industry each year, as it sets you apart from the competition.
BTEC Level 3 National Extended Certificate in Sports Coaching
Designed as a one-year, full-time course of study initially, with the option to continue studying for a second year in order to complete the full ...More info
Coaching and Performance 1st4Sport Level 3 Certificate
Advance athletes’ performance with our Coaching and Performance programme. This course covers multiple aspects of exercise such as nutrition and lea...More info
BTEC Level 3 National Extended Certificate in Sport and Fitness
Designed as a one-year, full-time course of study initially, with the option to continue studying for a second year in order to complete the full Spor...More info
As this is a self-paced online course, duration is flexible however typical duration is between 18-24 weeks depending on the learner.
Course Cost: £1417
Pay via an Advanced Learner Loan
- You’ll only repay when your income is over £524 a week, £2,274 a month or £27,295 a year (before tax and other deductions).
Pay in 6 monthly instalments
- 6 monthly payments of £236.16
- 1 payment of £1417
Study in your own time at a pace that suits you
100% online course
High quality online learning platform