Level 3 Principles of Customer Service Certificate
This course will help you develop the relevant skills and behaviours to be able to move towards a successful career in customer service or related industries.
Alongside the mandatory and optional units that make up your diploma, you
will receive opportunities throughout to translate theory into practical
Our department has a strong focus on helping students develop enterprise and
employability skills. We’re committed to creating well-rounded individuals who
are confident in their own abilities to progress into a career, an
apprenticeship, or a higher level course, with our full
Who is this course for?
Units / Modules
- Unit 01 Organise and Deliver Customer Service
- Unit 02 Understand the Customer Service Environment
- Unit 03 Resolve Customers’ Problems
- Unit 04 Principles of Business
- Unit 05 Manage Personal and Professional Development
- Unit 06 Understand Customers and Customer Retention
Benefits / Skills
- Knowledge of the principles of customer service.
- Developed customer service skills to enhance future education or employment.
- Achieve a Customer Service Diploma Level 3.
- Practical experience to help build your CV, including a work placement.
- Tutorial support to aid your career progression.
- English and maths GCSE, if not already achieved a grade 4.
- Portfolio of work to showcase knowledge.
- Observations of skills in customer service settings.
- 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (or equivalent) including maths and English.
- A keen interest in developing personal and employability skills.
- A successful interview.
- Upon successfully completing this course, you can progress to further study at Leeds City College.
- You could undertake an advanced apprenticeship in your chosen vocational area.
- Alternatively, you could choose to enter either full-time or part-time employment in the customer service sector.
Course Fee (16-18)
Jobs in this sectorLive data from the DoE's LMI API
Customer service occupations n.e.c.Average Salary
14189Jobs in the next 3 years.4%
Sales and retail assistantsAverage Salary
Customer service managers and supervisorsAverage Salary
7338Jobs in the next 3 years.4%
Business sales executivesAverage Salary
5311Jobs in the next 3 years.3%
Sales administratorsAverage Salary
Marketing and sales directorsAverage Salary
8842Jobs in the next 3 years.4%
Sales accounts and business development managersAverage Salary
15956Jobs in the next 3 years.3%
Retail cashiers and check-out operatorsAverage Salary
Sales supervisorsAverage Salary
Sales related occupations n.e.c.Average Salary
Our social media pages are run by our in-house Events team, and this is a great way to have a look at some of the things we do as a department.