Level 3 Diploma in Sports Massage Therapy
This is a technical qualification that gives you the knowledge,
understanding, and specialist skills needed for a career as a sports massage
therapist. It’s taught across 18 weeks with the choice to start in September or
This is a technical qualification that gives you the knowledge, understanding, and specialist skills needed for a career as a sports massage therapist. It’s taught across 18 weeks with the choice to start in September or February.
Units / Modules
The structure of the qualification is comprised of 5 units which are all mandatory:
- Anatomy and physiology for sports massage - USP41 - Unit ref: J/506/7220
- Principles of health and fitness - USP42 - Unit ref: R/506/7222
- Understand the principles of soft tissue dysfunction - USP43 - Unit ref: Y/506/7223
- Professional practice in sports massage - USP44 - Unit ref: D/506/7224
- Sports massage treatments - USP45 - Unit ref: T/506/7228
Learners who complete this qualification will be able to gain employment and obtain insurance to work as a sports massage therapist.
- VTCT Level 4 Certificate in Sports massage therapy
- Level 3 Diploma in Gym Instructing & Personal Training
Counselling Skills ABC Certificate | Level 3 – Rothwell Centre
Before studying this course, you will ideally have studied the Counselling Concepts programme as this course builds on the skills and ideas acquired i...More info
Level 4 Certificate in Sports Massage Therapy
This qualification prepares you for working in the sports massage sector, dealing with injured clients. The course is delivered 1 night a week on Wedn...More info
18 weeks, evening or day course option
Course Fee (16-18)
Course Fee (Adult)
£2,126 plus exam fee of £99 You may be entitled to support with fees. Click here for more info.
By 2024, the sports coaching, sports instructing, and sports officials sector in Leeds is predicted to grow by 3.1%. (EMSI, 2019)