Level 3 Diploma in Business Studies
This one-year VTCT diploma course provides an understanding of how businesses work - allowing you, as an adult learner, to embark on a career in specialist areas of business such, finance, human resources or management.
The course introduces you to a wide range of business contexts and will be taught through a variety of methods - including classroom teaching, independent study and some online learning. You’ll expand your business knowledge through real examples, as well as case studies and your own business experience.
To be awarded the VTCT Level 3 Diploma in Business Studies, you will achieve all four mandatory units and a minimum of four optional units.
The course will be taught one day a week starting in September 2021 and will finish in June 2022.
Who is this course for?
This course is perfect if you’re an adult learner (19+) and want to expand your business knowledge and understanding - allowing you to embark on a business career or progress to higher roles within your current workplace.
The course is also aimed at employers who wish to develop existing staff and want them to gain a recognised Level 3 qualification whilst doing so.
Units / Modules
The core programme will provide a broad understanding of the business environment, effective management and the nature of business, with units in:
- Principles of Business
- Principles of Management and Leadership
- Principles of Contributing to Innovation and Change
- Managing Physical Resources in a Business Environment
The optional units provide learners with an opportunity to specialise in marketing, finance, leadership or human resources.
Benefits / Skills
On completion of the qualification you will:
- Have an understanding of the principles underpinning business and management practice, and will apply this to a range of business contexts
- Develop critical analytical and evaluative skills in context of business studies
- Be able to progress to first-line supervisory management, further study within work-based learning or higher education, and train in specialist business areas, e.g. marketing and finance
- Further study such as a HND/C or degree course at university
- Higher job roles in the existing workplace or new role
Access to Business Access to HE Diploma | Level 3
This course is ideal if you want to go to university or study a higher apprenticeship in business or finance. Access courses are recognised by many un...More info
Business BTEC National Foundation Diploma Level 3
Become a business expert with this challenging programme. You will develop skills in areas such as marketing, events, and finance. By the end of the c...More info
Business BTEC Extended Certificate Level 3
Master market gaps and bolster businesses with this exciting course. You will deepen your business knowledge, gain transferable skills, and identify y...More info
Course Fee (16-18)
You'll learn in our purpose-built business space at our iconic Printworks Campus.
‘I got an industry-recognised qualification and developed my skills in planning, time management and communication.’ - Nish Ahmed, Business
There are 69,140 jobs in Leeds’ business management sector. (EMSI, 2019)