Level 3 Advanced Beauty Therapist Standard
This course covers the latest technology and techniques beauty industry employers agree are most desirable for employability, in line with the new standards. You will cover a range of advanced units, including electrical face and body treatments, body massage, and anatomy and physiology - enabling you to carry out treatments to the highest standards.
Who is this course for?
Units / Modules
- Swedish Massage (face, scalp and body)
- Advanced facial technical (electrical or mechanical) therapy treatments, including LED light therapy and radiofrequency
- Advanced body technical (electrical or mechanical) therapy treatments
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of promotional activities
Benefits / Skills
- Provide advanced consultations, including in-depth client lifestyle profiling, to build and maintain the clients trust, establishing suitability for treatment and providing solutions for improving the client's physical appearance and emotional welfare.
- Design, implement and perform advanced facial/body technical therapy treatments to meet bespoke treatment objectives; improve skin conditions; improve and maintain facial/body contour and muscle condition; and increase lymphatic drainage.
- Portrays professionalism and the building of exemplary relationships based on trust with clients, colleagues and organisations.
Level 2 in Beauty Therapy
English and maths:
Level 2 - English and maths required. Apprentices without these qualifications will need to achieve them prior to taking the end-point assessment.
For those with an education, health and care plan, or legacy statement - minimum requirement of Level 1 in English and maths.
A qualification in British Sign Language (BSL) is an alternative to English qualifications where BSL is their primary language.
Career ProgressionLevel 4 Diploma for Beauty Professionals
Beauty Apprenticeship Level 2
This programme allows students to work in the beauty industry. It is ideal for anyone wanting to become an apprentice beauty therapist. ...More info
Hairdressing Apprenticeship Level 3
This programme is ideal for those that are currently in a hairdressing role and looking to further develop their practical skills and knowledge.This a...More info
Improving Operational Performance Apprenticeship Level 2
This programme is for anyone wanting to start a career as a fabricator or welder and learn the basic skills required in the industry. ...More info
Personal and professional ethics: demonstrates a commitment to quality, and maintains honesty, integrity and confidentiality
Flexible and positive attitude: Adapts positively to changing work priorities and patterns when new tasks need to be completed or requirements change.
Maintain client care principles and practices: show clients/customers respect at all times and in all circumstances, demonstrate client empathy, sensitivity and awareness.