Level 2 Retail Skills Diploma (NCFE)
It’s an exciting time for the retail sector, which continues to evolve and grow following the impact of the digital revolution and the pandemic’s influence on our shopping habits. Many consumers now prefer shopping online to spending money in physical stores, and these habits have provided growth in areas such as warehousing and storage operation.
This retail qualification offers learners the relevant skills, knowledge and understanding required to succeed in a career in retail, including areas of digital expertise.
It’s a job-ready qualification that requires learners to demonstrate the skills and knowledge required when working in the industry, and is ideal for those working in their first retail role or who wish to progress in their retail career.
Who is this course for?
Units / Modules
- Customer service
- Digital expertise
- Practical experience in retail
Tutorial and Wellbeing
- To help your career progression
- Increasing your employability skills
English and Maths
- If you haven’t yet achieved a Grade 3 or equivalent, we have dedicated maths and English tutors who can help you do this alongside your course.
Benefits / Skills
- You will develop your personal skills to help you progress to a higher level of study and gain future employment. Introduction to retail.
- You will expand your experience through participating in classroom activities and studying different projects.
- You will be provided with careers advice to help you progress in your chosen vocational area after completing the course.
- You will achieve a Retail Skills NCFE Diploma Level 2.
- Portfolio of coursework showcasing knowledge.
- Observations of abilities within the retail sector.
- 3 GCSEs at grade 3 (previously Grade D) or equivalent.
- A keen interest in developing enterprise and employability skills.
- A successful interview.
- Upon successfully completing this course, you can progress to further study at Leeds City College. For example, we offer Level 3 courses in Retail Skills Management and Customer Service – either of which may be of interest to you following your Level 2.
- You could undertake an apprenticeship in your chosen vocational area.
- Alternatively, you could choose to enter full-time or part-time employment – whichever you choose, you will be supported by the department and we can offer help and advice where needed.
Hairdressing VTCT Diploma | Level 2 (Rothwell Centre)
This vocational qualification is designed for 19+ learners seeking a career as an employed or self-employed hair stylist. The units covered teach you ...More info
Hair and Media Makeup VTCT Diploma Level 2
Let your imagination run wild with this innovative course. You will work alongside a professional photographer to build up an industry-ready portfolio...More info
Course Fee (16-18)
Our social media pages are run by our in-house Events team, and this is a great way to have a look at some of the things we do as a department.
This course will be run with work experience opportunities within retail business across Leeds.