Level 2 Retail Skills Diploma (NCFE)
It’s an exciting time for the retail sector, which continues to evolve and grow following the impact of the digital revolution and the pandemic’s influence on our shopping habits. Many consumers now prefer shopping online to spending money in physical stores, and these habits have provided growth in areas such as warehousing and storage operation.
This retail qualification offers learners the relevant skills, knowledge and
understanding required to succeed in a career in retail, including areas of
It’s a job-ready qualification that requires learners to demonstrate the
skills and knowledge required when working in the industry, and is ideal for
those working in their first retail role or who wish to progress in their retail
Who is this course for?
Units / Modules
- Customer service
- Digital expertise
- Practical experience in retail
Tutorial and Wellbeing
- To help your career progression
- Increasing your employability skills
English and Maths
- If you haven’t yet achieved a Grade 3 or equivalent, we have dedicated maths and English tutors who can help you do this alongside your course.
Benefits / Skills
- You will develop your personal skills to help you progress to a higher level of study and gain future employment. Introduction to retail.
- You will expand your experience through participating in classroom activities and studying different projects.
- You will be provided with careers advice to help you progress in your chosen vocational area after completing the course.
- You will achieve a Retail Skills NCFE Diploma Level 2.
- Portfolio of coursework showcasing knowledge.
- Observations of abilities within the retail sector.
- 3 GCSEs at grade 3 (previously Grade D) or equivalent.
- A keen interest in developing enterprise and employability skills.
- A successful interview.
- Upon successfully completing this course, you can progress to further study at Leeds City College. For example, we offer Level 3 courses in Retail Skills Management and Customer Service – either of which may be of interest to you following your Level 2.
- You could undertake an apprenticeship in your chosen vocational area.
- Alternatively, you could choose to enter full-time or part-time employment – whichever you choose, you will be supported by the department and we can offer help and advice where needed.
Beauty Therapy Studies VTCT Diploma Level 2
Ensure people look and feel their best with our Beauty Therapy Studies programme. You’ll cover facial skincare and manual facials including cleansin...More info
Hair and Media Makeup VTCT Diploma Level 2
Let your imagination run wild with this innovative course. You will work alongside a professional photographer to build up an industry-ready portfolio...More info
Level 2 Event Planning
It’s an exciting time for the event sector, which continues to evolve and grow following the impact of digital platforms and the pandemic’s influe...More info
Course Fee (16-18)
Jobs in this sectorLive data from the DoE's LMI API
Customer service occupations n.e.c.Average Salary
14189Jobs in the next 3 years.4%
Sales and retail assistantsAverage Salary
Customer service managers and supervisorsAverage Salary
7338Jobs in the next 3 years.4%
Business sales executivesAverage Salary
5311Jobs in the next 3 years.3%
Sales administratorsAverage Salary
Marketing and sales directorsAverage Salary
8842Jobs in the next 3 years.4%
Sales accounts and business development managersAverage Salary
15956Jobs in the next 3 years.3%
Retail cashiers and check-out operatorsAverage Salary
Sales supervisorsAverage Salary
Sales related occupations n.e.c.Average Salary
Our social media pages are run by our in-house Events team, and this is a great way to have a look at some of the things we do as a department.
This course will be run with work experience opportunities within retail business across Leeds.