Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Specific Learning Difficulties
This qualification aims to give learners knowledge of different Specific Learning Difficulties, how they are diagnosed and how individuals can be supported.
Who is this course for?
Units / Modules
To be awarded the Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Specific Learning Difficulties, learners are required to successfully complete 5 mandatory units:
- Unit 01 Understand Specific Learning Difficulties
- Unit 02 Understand the effects of Specific Learning Difficulties
- Unit 03 Understand the diagnosis of Specific Learning Difficulties
- Unit 04 Understanding supporting individuals with Specific Learning Difficulties
- Unit 05 Understand the context of Specific Learning Difficulties
There is no grading for this qualification.
Benefits / Skills
To achieve the Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Specific Learning Difficulties, learners must successfully demonstrate their achievement of all learning outcomes and assessment criteria of the units as detailed in the qualification specification. Grades are not awarded.
The Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Specific Learning Difficulties is internally assessed All work will be in the form of written assignments or tasks. Grades are not awarded.
The primary purpose of this qualification is to prepare you to enter, or progress within, employment in the Health and Social Care sector. This qualification will provide the underpinning knowledge of specific learning difficulties. Successful completion will help support a number of job roles within the Health and Social Care sector:
- care assistant or worker
- personal care assistant
- adult social care relief team worker
- night care assistant
- support worker (supported living)
- key workers in residential/domiciliary/day care settings
- palliative care hospice worker
- home care support worker
- re-enablement worker
- healthcare support service worker
- clinical healthcare support worker
- healthcare assistant
- bereavement support worker.
The qualification supports progression to further learning in the following areas: Horizontal progression into, for example:
- Level 2 Diploma in Adult Care
- Level 2 Diploma in Healthcare Support
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Working with People with Mental Health Needs
- Level 2 Certificate in Awareness of Mental Health Problems
- Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Working with Individuals with Learning Disabilities
- Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship
- Healthcare Support Worker Apprenticeship
Vertical progression into, for example:
- Level 3 Diploma in Adult Care
- Level 3 Diploma in Healthcare Support
- Level 3 Certificate in the Principles of End of Life Care
- Level 3 Certificate in Stroke Care Management
- Lead Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship
- Senior Healthcare Support Worker Apprenticeship
Supporting Teaching and Learning (Teaching Assistant) Cache Certificate Level 2
Do you dream of becoming a qualified teaching assistant, working with children or young people? If so, this programme will help you launch your career...More info
Dyslexia Awareness Online Qualification | Level 2
If you work with children or young people or simply have an interest in/want to learn more about dyslexia, this awareness course is perfect for you. R...More info
Teaching Assistant Certificate | Level 2
This course enables you to work as a teaching assistant or support worker in a school or college. You will undertake voluntary experience in a school ...More info
Course Fee (16-18)
The qualification is supported by employers in the Health and Social Care sector.