Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Climate Change and Environmental Awareness
This qualification is designed to introduce learners to the principles of
climate change and environmental awareness.
This qualification is designed to introduce learners to the principles of climate change and environmental awareness.More about STEM
This course focuses on environmental awareness and carbon footprint, as well
as ways to reduce them in workplaces and individual lifestyles. Learners will
develop a key core of knowledge that can be applied to a variety of sectors.
They’ll also become familiar with the basics of environment and climate change,
and learn about environmental protection and actions taken within the workplace
to mitigate damaging industry impact.
This qualification is internally assessed through: Assignments Reports
Presentations External quality-assured portfolio
Who is this course for?
Units / Modules
There are three mandatory units on this course:
- Unit 1: Understand Climate Change, Sustainability and Environmental Protection
- Unit 2: Understand Industry and the Environment
- Unit 3: Understand Resource Efficiency and Waste Management
Benefits / Skills
- Gain an understanding of the nature of climate change and the role it plays in reducing carbon emissions
- Drive positive change both at work and home
- Prepare for future careers in engineering or science
- Leads onto Level 3 Environmental & Climate Change Access to HE Diploma
- Employment or progression within a variety of sectors - including energy, engineering and environmental science
- Sustainability and environmental manager
- Environmental manager
- Sustainability consultant
- Energy engineer
City and Guilds Level 3 Advanced Technical Certificate in Animal Management
This qualification is for learners who aim to gain employment within the animal care industry, or progress to an apprenticeship or a high level animal...More info
City and Guilds Level 2 Technical Certificate in Horticulture
The horticulture sector is made up of many diverse industries delivering the science, art, technology and business of ‘growing plants’. The career...More info
Course Fee (16-18)
This qualification is designed to provide learners with an introduction to the principles of climate change and environmental awareness.
It ensures learners understand the nature of climate change and the role they can play in helping to reduce carbon emissions.
By achieving the qualification, learners will gain the knowledge and understanding to act as drivers of positive change within the workplace and at home.