Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Children and Young People’s Mental Health
This qualification aims to equip you with a more detailed understanding of mental health conditions that affect children and young people, the legislation and guidance surrounding mental health, risk factors that may affect mental well-being and the impact that mental health concerns may have on young people and others.
You’ll learn about the concept of mental health and how society’s view of mental health has changed over time. You will also cover risk factors that can affect children and young people’s mental health and how these can be mitigated. One unit will look at the behaviours displayed by children and young people that may indicate a mental health concern and another will look at the importance of diagnosis and the reasons why there may be a reluctance to seek a diagnosis. Finally you’ll explore person-centred approaches to supporting children and young people with mental health concerns and the services and treatment involved with children and young people’s mental health.
Coursework will be completed using the online portfolio and marked by a qualified assessor, who will provide developmental feedback and an overall grade.
Study type: Fully online start at anytime
Fee: Free for the unemployed. Fundable through the learning aims database 19+
Benefits / Skills
- Unit 1: Understand children and young people’s mental health in context
- Unit 2: Understand factors which may affect children and young people’s mental health
- Unit 3: Understand children and young people’s mental health concerns
- Unit 4: Understand the impact of children and young people’s mental health concerns
- Unit 5: Understand how to support children and young people with mental health concerns
Career ProgressionCPD for those working in the relevant sectors. Progression to one of our other nationally recognised level 2 courses.
Course Fee (16-18)