Level 1 Diploma for Entry to the Uniformed Services
Develop the skills you need to pursue a career as a police officer, firefighter, soldier, or prison officer with this exciting course. You’ll boost your confidence by taking part in a wide range of trips and work experience.
Students on this course will develop the self-discipline, communication,
problem-solving, and teamwork skills required to succeed in uniformed service
careers. You will complete practical assessment including taking part in the
mock crime scenes and pre entry fitness tests and training. You will also
receive tutorials that focus on topics such as knife crime, drug awareness,
healthy relationships and Hate crime.
Visit our Instagram page, @LCC_Publicservices to find out about the trips,
visits and guest speakers we have had in this week!!
Who is this course for?
Units / Modules
- Investigate Employment Opportunities in the Uniformed Services
- Well-Being and Physical Fitness for the Uniformed Services
- Team Working Skills in the Uniformed Services
- Developing Self-Discipline for the Uniformed Services
- Health and Safety in the Uniformed Services
- Participate in Adventurous Activities
- Explore Volunteering and Volunteering Opportunities
Benefits / Skills
- FREE travel pass, meal credit and study resources for any student eligible for the learner support fund
- Opportunity to have part time work alongside your course with a timetable that doesn't require you to be in college from Monday to Friday
- Opportunity to build a network within the community, emergency services and armed forces
- Immerse yourself in emergency situations such as riots and outdoor pursuits
- Meet active personnel to support your application and gain a great understanding of the roles you are interested in
- Progress into the public services industry through volunteering
Trips & Opportunities
Unfortunately, you have opted out of cookies so you will not be able to view this video.
Career ProgressionProgression may include a Level 2 qualification, an apprenticeship, or relevant employment.
Level 2 Diploma for Entry to the Uniformed Services
Ready to take the next step towards working in public services? This course will help you explore the wide range of career opportunities available to ...More info
Level 3 Diploma for Entry to the Uniformed Services (540)
Challenge yourself to excel in the uniformed services with this programme. You’ll have lots of opportunity for practical experience such as riot tra...More info
Health, Social Care and Children’s and Young People’s Settings Level 1
If you would like to make a difference in someone’s life and dream of a career in the care sector, this course is for you. You will be taught by...More info
Course Fee (16-18)
Jobs in this sectorLive data from the DoE's LMI API
Chief executives and senior officialsAverage Salary
3334Jobs in the next 3 years.4%
Police officers (sergeant and below)Average Salary
Typists and related keyboard occupationsAverage Salary
Managers and proprietors in other services n.e.c.Average Salary
4902Jobs in the next 3 years.2%
Protective service associate professionals n.e.c.Average Salary
Health services and public health managers and directorsAverage Salary
2716Jobs in the next 3 years.4%
Customer service occupations n.e.c.Average Salary
14189Jobs in the next 3 years.4%
Waste disposal and environmental services managersAverage Salary
360Jobs in the next 3 years.2%
Customer service managers and supervisorsAverage Salary
7338Jobs in the next 3 years.4%
Social services managers and directorsAverage Salary
2212Jobs in the next 3 years.4%
English and maths will be built into your course if your grades are below 4.
In 2019 there were 10,269 jobs in Public Services in Leeds (Emsi).