L3 Diploma in Adult Care
This qualification develops the knowledge and skills needed when working in a lead adult care worker role in care settings. It covers a wide range of areas including supporting individuals with their physical and emotional care, daily living needs and health and social care procedures.
This qualification will provide you with the knowledge and skills needed
when working in a lead adult care worker role in care settings. It covers a wide
range of topics including:
- Supporting individuals with their physical and emotional care
- Daily living needs
- Health and social care procedures
- Supporting individuals with dementia
- Promoting mental health and wellbeing
units (28 credits) and 30 credits from the optional units to achieve a minimum
of 58 credits. At least 35 of these credits must be at Level 3 or
Who is this course for?
Units / Modules
- Promote Communication in Care Settings
- Promote Effective Handling of Information in Care Settings
- Promote Personal Development in Care Settings
- Promote Person-centred Approaches in Care Settings
- Promote Equality and Inclusion in Care Settings
- Promote Health, Safety and Wellbeing in Care Settings
- Responsibilities of a Care Worker
- Duty of Care in Care Settings
- Safeguarding and Protection in Care Settings
- Health and Social Care
- Clinical Skills
Benefits / Skills
Career ProgressionLearners can progress to the Adult Care Diploma Level 4 or the Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People’s Services Adult pathway qualifications. Learners may also progress onto qualifications for management or lead practitioner roles in adult care, or to specialist qualifications reflecting the context in which they work. Learners can progress into employment in residential or nursing homes, domiciliary care, day centres or some clinical healthcare settings within job roles such as:
- Senior care support worker
- Lead personal assistant
Health and Social Care CACHE Extended Diploma Level 2
Become a champion of care with this programme. You will study mental health and human growth and development. You’ll acquire knowledge of safeguardi...More info
L3 Diploma in Healthcare Support
The Healthcare Support Diploma Level 3 provides learners with the knowledge, understanding and skills required to work in a range of healthcare su...More info
Course Fee (16-18)
Course Fee (Adult)
£2,882 You may be entitled to support with fees. Click here for more info.
You must be actively working in the sector at the level of the course to enable you to meet the competence based criteria.
There are no attached UCAS points.
Level 3 Diplomas can help students progress onto higher education at university, skilled employment or onto an apprenticeship pathway.