L2 Certificate in Understanding the Care and Management of Diabetes
This qualification is designed to increase understanding of the care and management of diabetes. The duration of the course is 6-12 weeks.
This qualification aims to:
- provide an understanding of the different types of diabetes and how they can occur
- develop awareness of how the onset of Type 2 diabetes can be delayed with lifestyle changes
- develop understanding of diabetes diagnosis and initial care
- develop understanding of ongoing care and treatment of diabetes to control blood sugar levels.
This is a knowledge-only qualification; therefore, work experience is not mandatory.
Who is this course for?
Units / Modules
To be awarded the Level 2 Certificate in Understanding the Care and Management of Diabetes, learners are required to successfully complete 4 mandatory units:
- Unit 01 Understand diabetes
- Unit 02 Prevention and early intervention of Type 2 diabetes
- Unit 03 Understand the initial care of diabetes
- Unit 04 Understand the treatment and management of diabetes
There is no grading for this qualification.
Benefits / Skills
The primary purpose of this qualification is to prepare you to enter, or progress within, employment in the Health and Social Care sector. This qualification will provide the underpinning knowledge of diabetes, how it impacts on a person and how the condition is diagnosed, managed and monitored. Successful completion will help support a number of job roles within the Health and Social Care sector as you may be working with people who have diabetes, or may be at risk of developing diabetes, in your day-today role:
- care assistant or worker
- personal care assistant
- adult social care relief team worker
- night care assistant
- support worker (supported living)
- key workers in residential/domiciliary/day care settings
- palliative care hospice worker
- home care support worker
- re-enablement worker
- healthcare support service worker
- clinical healthcare support worker
- healthcare assistant
- bereavement support worker.
The qualification supports progression to further learning in the following areas: Horizontal progression into, for example:
- Level 2 Diploma in Adult Care
- Level 2 Diploma in Healthcare Support
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Working with People with Mental Health Needs
- Level 2 Certificate in Awareness of Mental Health Problems
- Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Working with Individuals with Learning Disabilities
- Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship
- Healthcare Support Worker Apprenticeship
Vertical progression into, for example:
- Level 3 Diploma in Adult Care
- Level 3 Diploma in Healthcare Support
- Level 3 Certificate in the Principles of End of Life Care
- Level 3 Certificate in Stroke Care Management
- Lead Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship
- Senior Healthcare Support Worker Apprenticeship
Level 2 Certificate in Awareness of Mental Health Problems
This qualification is designed for any learner that wants to raise their awareness of mental health and the problems that can cause mental health prob...More info
Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care CACHE Certificate Level 2
Advance your career with this specialist programme. You will develop your understanding of safeguarding and protection to ensure the welfare of your p...More info
Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Autism
This qualification aims to develop learners’ understanding of autism and the principles of supporting individuals with autism....More info
Course Fee (16-18)
The qualification is supported by employers in the Health and Social Care sector.