L2 Certificate in the Principles of the Prevention and Control of infection in Health Care Settings
This qualification aims to assist learners to develop their knowledge and understanding of the principles of the prevention and control of infection in health care settings. The duration of the course is 6-12 weeks.
This qualification aims to help learners to understand:
- the meaning and importance of infection control
- the causes of infections, the conditions in which they thrive and the ways that they can be spread
- methods used to prevent and control the spread of infection.
Who is this course for?
Units / Modules
To be awarded the Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of the Prevention and Control of Infection in Health Care Settings, learners must achieve 4 mandatory units:
- Unit 01 Principles of the causes and spread of infection in health care settings
- Unit 02 Principles of the importance of personal hygiene and health in the prevention and control of infection in health care settings
- Unit 03 Principles of decontamination, cleaning and waste management in health care settings
- Unit 04 Principles of infection prevention and control in a health care settings There is no grading for this qualification.
Benefits / Skills
To be awarded the Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of the Prevention and Control of Infection in Health Care Settings, learners must successfully demonstrate their achievement of all learning outcomes and assessment criteria for the chosen units. Grades are not awarded.
The qualification aims to help you develop your underpinning knowledge and understanding of the importance of the principles of the prevention and control of infection within a health and social care setting.
This qualification supports progression to employment and progression within employment for the following job roles and workers:
- care assistant or worker
- personal care assistant
- adult social care relief team worker
- night care assistant
- support worker (supported living)
- key workers in residential/domiciliary/day care settings
- palliative care hospice worker
- home care support worker
- re-enablement worker
- healthcare support service worker
- clinical healthcare support worker
- healthcare assistant
- bereavement support worker
The qualification supports progression to further learning in the following areas: Horizontal progression into, for example:
- Level 2 Diploma in Adult Care
- Level 2 Diploma in Healthcare Support
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Working with People with Mental Health Needs
- Level 2 Certificate in Awareness of Mental Health Problems
- Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Working with Individuals with Learning Disabilities
- Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship
- Healthcare Support Worker Apprenticeship
Vertical progression into, for example:
- Level 3 Diploma in Adult Care
- Level 3 Diploma in Healthcare Support
- Level 3 Certificate in the Principles of End of Life Care
- Level 3 Certificate in Stroke Care Management
- Lead Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship
- Senior Healthcare Support Worker Apprenticeship
Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care CACHE Certificate Level 2
Advance your career with this specialist programme. You will develop your understanding of safeguarding and protection to ensure the welfare of your p...More info
Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Autism
This qualification aims to develop learners’ understanding of autism and the principles of supporting individuals with autism....More info
Level 2 Certificate in Awareness of Mental Health Problems
This qualification is designed for any learner that wants to raise their awareness of mental health and the problems that can cause mental health prob...More info
Course Fee (16-18)
The qualification is supported by employers in the Health and Social Care sector.